This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drained too fast, and last for 2 hours only from 100%

341210_BP
Star I
I am having a problem with my battery aa mentioned on the title above, and it started as soon as the firmware was updated.
Kindly assist...

Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Scooo
Rising Star I
341210!BP

Hi Christine,

Sorry that I just got back to you now, since apparently after I reported my problem, my battery become swollen, so I was buying a new battery to replace it.

I just got it replaced today, but apparently even the new battery is still showing a very short time. 2 - 3 hours from 100%.

I turned off the fingerprint and it doesn't have any different effect. It still drained fast.

Will try the safe mode tonight and we'll see how it goes.

Will send you the screen shot afterwards.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer your first question, the issue started right after I updated the system software which was automatically downloaded.

Thank you for your assistance.

View post
If your new battery is acting up as well then it's likely that this is being caused due to a faulty connector or perhaps due to some component failure on the power circuit board. This is possible and a knowledgeable professional would be able to diagnose correctly and help you.
Firstly, this is important for you to know :::
There is a possibility that the updates did not cause any damage to your device. It could perhaps have been a faulty battery. If a faulty battery has not been replaced within a short time post severe degradation, it can lead to further damaging of circuit board components. It is advisable for you to have the problems diagnosed by a knowledgeable professional before more components get damaged. A damaged power circuit will continue to ruin even your new batteries.
Other possibilities :::
Faulty connections between the power circuit boards and the motherboard could lead to rapid battery drain. On the power boards, there are various components and some which are vital to correct operation and modulation of various parameters, the failure of one could likely cause damage to the battery.
Like you suspect, it is also possible (though not easily) that these problems could be arising due to the recent update that you installed. It does happen at times and some of my fellow ZF6 users have experienced board failures after installing OTA updates/ patches

Thanks,
Scooo.

341210_BP
Star I
Hi Scooo,
Thanks for the info.
I will try to have my phone looked by a professional then.
Hopefully it is not the first case you mentioned, where there's a faulty connection anywhere.
Thanks once again.
Mario