System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both?
Model: Vivobook 15 X512FL
Frequency of occurrence: 100%
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi! Windows suggested this update  ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.2.33.0 so i installed it via the intagrated windows updater. After that, i couldnt adjust brightness in the system, neither with the fn keys. And i cant connect my second monithor to the laptop, it does not "see it".
7 REPLIES 7

graca_dominik0
Star II
I tried rolling back the update to 2.2.32.0 but it did not resolve the problem. After the first installation, the restart started with a blue screen and an installation. But after rolling it back, it did not happen. I dont know if its relavant... And in device manager when i check the properties it says that there is no driver installed, but then it shows the driver name as 2.2.32.0. I dot get it.

graca_dominik0
Star II
Ok. So i rolled back the firmware and the 2.2.33.0. And after that it worked. I restarted a few times because something wasnt right. And now i have the newest 2.2.33.0 version again, and the newest firmware. And still works. Strange..

CasperF
Star II
Thank God you posted this because I have been getting desperate.
I own a Asus Zenbook Pro Duo for clarity.
@graca.dominik0 how did you roll back the firmware? The following happened to me:

Windows update proposed me to install 2.2.33.20 (possibly fixing your problem I suppose). However, my HDMI out won't work anymore either. The strangest thing happens: Intel in fact recognizes the external screen as my third (with the dual screen on on the laptop) screen but sends no recognizable signal to any HDMI device I use. Neither over the HDMI out directly or the USB-C port. Looking at my Nvidia Control Panel PhysX menu I can actually see that it is somehow bugged because only the HDMI out is recognized and my other devices disappear, however that is not what is happening on the laptop itself, the laptop itself only uses the laptop screens.

So I found your thread (thank god) and downloaded an older version of the firmware. But it won't let me install it because the installer says I got the latest versions and aborts the installation!

Did you use an image backup or were you able to downgrade softwarematically?
The 2.2.33.20 driver does not fix my HDMI out problem so I am a bit desperate.

CasperF
Star II