This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE gone after update, revert to Android P, EDL recovery done. Network stuck on EDGE

supermankesu
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS630KL
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2011.183
Rooted or not: Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Evergreen Now
===================================================================
JIO volte worked flawlessly since purchase in December 2019. now no 4g/volte works, no jio no vodafone. same SIM cards working perfectly in other devices.
enhanced volte is ON, 'LTE only' in service menu too. but still stuck on EDGE/2g.
reboot, format, reflash android 9 and 10, nothing works

6 REPLIES 6

email2sachinn
Star III
supermankesu

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2011.183
  3. Rooted or not: Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Evergreen Now

===================================================================

JIO volte worked flawlessly since purchase in December 2019. now no 4g/volte works, no jio no vodafone. same SIM cards working perfectly in other devices.

enhanced volte is ON, 'LTE only' in service menu too. but still stuck on EDGE/2g.

reboot, format, reflash android 9 and 10, nothing works

VOLTE gone after update, revert to Android P, EDL recovery done. Network stuck on EDGE
This is happened bcoz you manually update your handset... Those builds for specific regions TW and US
I already explain this in my post to someone
WAIT for indian update.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

supermankesu
Star I
I updated to INDIAN firmware only. WW is global. I did not flash the TW version.
anyway, today i went back to my old home and i got volte back on Vodafone, so i changed the SIM immediately to JIO and volte is working now.
the problem is, that whenever i restart the device or turn airplane mode on/off, volte goes, and never comes back.

Scooo
Rising Star I
supermankesu

I updated to INDIAN firmware only. WW is global. I did not flash the TW version.

anyway, today i went back to my old home and i got volte back on Vodafone, so i changed the SIM immediately to JIO and volte is working now.

the problem is, that whenever i restart the device or turn airplane mode on/off, volte goes, and never comes back.

View post
Some others as well are experiencing problems with 4G LTE. Some are stuck on 2G/3G while some have to switch to 2G to avoid frequent disconnection and reconnection.
Although I personally have not found any issues with the network, I'm using and Indian variant as well, but am experiencing other bugs, I'm thinking it will probably take a patch or two following this to perfect the functions.