This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Q: Does Zenbook connects to router using a USB-RJ45 cable?

phy_lis
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: N/A
Model: Zenbook UX433FN
Frequency of occurrence: N/A
Reset OS: N/A
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description
I have been using wireless all these while, since I bought this Zenbook until recently when TM asked me to test my network connection using direct LAN connection. I have a USB to RJ45 cable (like the attached picture here) and I tried to use it to connect to the Internet. Can't seem to get it connected.
Then I realised that it doesn't have a (local) network adapter. Just a Bluetooth and a wireless adapter.
My stupid question is - Does this Zenbook has a network adapter (non-wireless) and can I connect this Zenbook to my router using a USB-RJ45 cable?
Thanks all!
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
phy_lis
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: N/A
  3. Model: Zenbook UX433FN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: N/A
  5. Reset OS: N/A
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

Detailed description

I have been using wireless all these while, since I bought this Zenbook until recently when TM asked me to test my network connection using direct LAN connection. I have a USB to RJ45 cable (like the attached picture here) and I tried to use it to connect to the Internet. Can't seem to get it connected.

screenshot-2020-12-31-181300.jpg

Then I realised that it doesn't have a (local) network adapter. Just a Bluetooth and a wireless adapter.

50773-50815-60813.png

My stupid question is - Does this Zenbook has a network adapter (non-wireless) and can I connect this Zenbook to my router using a USB-RJ45 cable?

Thanks all!

Stupid Q: Does Zenbook connects to router using a USB-RJ45 cable?
you can internet via Bluetooth in your device by getting sharing internet connection from smartphone by enabling Bluetooth tethering (share internet connection and make it visible to other devices.
You should use USB 2.0 to RJ 45 convertor cable and then connect rj45 cable to router.
Amazon.in : ethernet to usb converter