mr_strange
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 2
Firmware Version:WW_17.0230.2002.32_0
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I didn't get any update after WW_17.0230.2002.32_0. so i just want to update to the latest available version and i just don't know how to do that. So please help me update my phone @Anders_ASUS @LP

41 REPLIES 41

Yuran
Rising Star I
@Titan_ASUS
@Anders_ASUS

Any assistance please

Yuran
Rising Star I
Yuran

@Titan_ASUS

@Anders_ASUS

Any assistance please

View post
Please guys! Can you help me?

Yuran
Rising Star I
Asus Support, can you please provide some assistance? This is getting ridiculous. A 1000 euros phone lagging on the user interface is not normal at all. This is happening on A10 and not on A9. Please see the thread where i provide videos and further explanation please
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36725/new-update-17-0240-2009-49/p4

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Yuran

Asus Support, can you please provide some assistance? This is getting ridiculous. A 1000 euros phone lagging on the user interface is not normal at all. This is happening on A10 and not on A9. Please see the thread where i provide videos and further explanation please

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36725/new-update-17-0240-2009-49/p4

View post
Yes this is correct. It happens to me on a daily basis. It's more like laggy animation s than the hz dropping as few have pointed it out to be. Android 9 animations, even with the gesture animations were smooth . But for some reason in A10 more importantly when the system nav is set to gesture navigation the swiping to home is laggy at times. I would blame this on the optimization of that specific app but the fact that I face this while using default settings app is embarrassing. I mean I have 3rd party apps that work without any lag with the swipe to go home gesture. My 4 year Pixel 1 had better lag- free A10 animations. What is the point of having 120hz if something like this happens often. I have to say tho after the recent update it went from pretty bad to manageable . After nearly 6 months since A10 release and so many updates they still haven't managed to fix it which is very dissapointing.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Yuran

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141678#Comment_141678

Hello amitgarde. I still need to check if it behaves like that in safe mode, have not tried that yet. Regarding tweaks in developer options, no i did not change anything and I dont even have it active. I am always on the latest firmware and the phone only behaves like this on A10. I was on A9 for a long time for comparison and it was much better, no lags, no stutter. Displayhz.com and vsynctester show the phone doing 60fps on 90hz and this causes the "dragness" i am trying to explain. It should always sync its fps with refresh rate, only this way it keeps smooth. My asus 3 does not have this behaviour. fps and refresh rate always synced, no lag anywhere. I tried reset, downgrade, upgrade, etc, nothing works. More or less in 24 hours the lag, "dragness" returns. There are more threads on this subject on this forum as well as in xda developers but without any explanation or fix I believe.

View post
"More or less in 24 hours the lag, "dragness" returns."
Can't be more accurate. In a year I've reset it nearly 10 times and this happens everytime.
I would really appreciate if you elaborate on displayhz.com. How to test??