Maarten
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone2 ZS660KL
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: /
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi 1st i would like to say i love this phone! No bugs to report using latest update. I just would like to know if and how i change video output of the phone. I have games working in portrait mode, which i would like to play using a external monitor. I have rotated the monitor screen to fit portrait mode (vertical), however cannot get the output to fit it as it keeps displaying horizontal screen using hdmi. Is there an option to rotate screen output from phone to external monitor so i can play in portrait mode? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Maarten
Star III
Every other phone with the same chip has the same speed, we can only turn cores off which isn't a overclock or a underclock. Getting cores past factory speed would be an overclock. No, there is no on screen fps counter that keeps showing fps even while playing the game. I have a smart tv and it presents the same problem, i have no options using this phone to change screen output to my liking. Dont get me wrong i like this phone, hardware wise, so far but the options on the software part are lacking.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Maarten

Every other phone with the same chip has the same speed, we can only turn cores off which isn't a overclock or a underclock. Getting cores past factory speed would be an overclock. No, there is no on screen fps counter that keeps showing fps even while playing the game. I have a smart tv and it presents the same problem, i have no options using this phone to change screen output to my liking.

View post

You can show FPS on screen all the time.

Settings - Advanced - Game Genie - Real-time info management

You need to have the game/app added to Armoury Crate for it to work.

image.png

As for the Overclocking/Clock speeds. Yeah. It's pretty deceptive. Game Genie says I am running at 2.96 Ghz. But I can run Aida 64 and it reports it never hitting or staying at those speeds. Even though Game Genie and Armoury Crate reports that it is.

My games seem to run fine though. So whatever.

Maarten
Star III
I have these options on and it is not showing fps, so maybe only for very specific games? So like i said before these options are useless in the actual real world.
Nvm finely got it to work, needed to activate realtime information in side bar also while already having it on in settings for atleast the fps counter.