Maarten
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone2 ZS660KL
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: /
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi 1st i would like to say i love this phone! No bugs to report using latest update. I just would like to know if and how i change video output of the phone. I have games working in portrait mode, which i would like to play using a external monitor. I have rotated the monitor screen to fit portrait mode (vertical), however cannot get the output to fit it as it keeps displaying horizontal screen using hdmi. Is there an option to rotate screen output from phone to external monitor so i can play in portrait mode? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Yeah. There is no way to do this unless you use an app. Which would probably also need root.

Asus will have to add the option for us to manually rotate the screen while docked if you want to play with your monitor rotated on its side.

I tried to use one of my old apps that I used to have on my Nvidia Shield Tablet, which let me force the display to any rotation I wanted. But it doesn't seem to work. Asus seems to completely disable its ability to rotate the screen when docked.

Maarten
Star III
Im starting to understand why most people dont care for these "gaming" phones as long as they are half baked like this and dont actually provide features for gaming that people in the real world use... I guess this will be my last "gaming" phone, whats the use if i still need a android emulator on my pc to play my games on a screen thats larger then half a piece of toilet paper? 😓
This "overclocking" is a scam too, Snapdragon 855+ can hit 2.96 GHz Kryo with 1 core only and you cannot go past this speed which would actually be overclocking.
Next to this i expect a fps counter on screen all the time while playing games, not a side screen that has to be opened which doesn't let you play the game anymore and goes away when you tab your game again.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Maarten

Im starting to understand why most people dont care for these "gaming" phones as long as they are half baked like this and dont actually provide features for gaming that people in the real world use... I guess this will be my last "gaming" phone, whats the use if i still need a android emulator on my pc to play my games on a screen thats larger then half a piece of toilet paper? 😓

View post
If you have one, Smart TV seems to be fine for me.
For PCs there are things like AllCast, Apowersoft Screen Mirroring (which allows USB connectivity) and Vysor.

Maarten
Star III
I cannot turn my tv in portrait mode 😂

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Maarten

View post
Maarten

I cannot turn my tv in portrait mode 😂

View post
The proccessor is already overclocked for you from 2.84ghz, so we dont have to :')
The bar with the FPS counter does still appear when you reopen the game?