Maarten
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone2 ZS660KL
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: /
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi 1st i would like to say i love this phone! No bugs to report using latest update. I just would like to know if and how i change video output of the phone. I have games working in portrait mode, which i would like to play using a external monitor. I have rotated the monitor screen to fit portrait mode (vertical), however cannot get the output to fit it as it keeps displaying horizontal screen using hdmi. Is there an option to rotate screen output from phone to external monitor so i can play in portrait mode? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Maarten

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone2 ZS660KL
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: /
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi 1st i would like to say i love this phone! No bugs to report using latest update. I just would like to know if and how i change video output of the phone. I have games working in portrait mode, which i would like to play using a external monitor. I have rotated the monitor screen to fit portrait mode (vertical), however cannot get the output to fit it as it keeps displaying horizontal screen using hdmi. Is there an option to rotate screen output from phone to external monitor so i can play in portrait mode? Thanks!

Rotation of screen output to monitor to portrait mode
If you go to the Apps listing, press on the 3 dots top right and then Preferences.
Now press on Homescreen and scroll down and you will see a couple of rotate options. Give those a try to see if any of those help.

Maarten
Star III
This should be easily accessible and i expect a gaming phone to have this option... What app listing do you mean? Armory crate? If i go to app settings over there hardly any options are offered to change anything and no rotation options offered. This is really disappointing. Why is there no option screen for video out anywhere? I had the feeling asus knew what they were doing...

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Maarten

This should be easily accessible and i expect a gaming phone to have this option... What app listing do you mean? Armory crate? If i go to app settings over there hardly any options are offered to change anything and no rotation options offered. This is really disappointing. Why is there no option screen for video out anywhere? I had the feeling asus knew what they were doing...

View post
Go to the home screen and press on a blank spacing for a couple of seconds.
From there, choose Preference.
"Now press on Homescreen and scroll down and you will see a couple of rotate options. Give those a try to see if any of those help."

Maarten
Star III
So yeah i changed those options already but with no result, this is really stupid to not add any options for video out....
This is a gaming phone right? Is it too much to expect to be able to play the games the way i like?
There are lots of games played in portrait mode....