Edmund_CPN
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 Strix
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: First time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I saw some post about rog phone battery die at 0% will cause the phone not about to boot up after plug in the charger and the phone will blink red light repeatedly. So I want to test my ROG Phone 3 and I let the battery die at 0%, then I plug in the charger but my phone is not boot to the charging screen, my rog phone 3 just keep blink red light around 10min. After 10min only able to boot to the charging screen.

I hope everyone who saw this post do this test on your phone and post your result here.

For ASUS, I hope you give a very good explanation about this issue, because I saw you just ignore the user who have this issue. This issue clearly is not normal, please reply ASAP.

35 REPLIES 35

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Ogghy

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: .78
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Blinking Red
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Is it normal ? i forgot to charge my phone while playing game. after that it's shut down immediately and after i plug to the charger, the LED notification just blinking red really fast. but thankfully my phone started again. just want to make sure.

Blinking Red Light On Notification LED after battery drain to 0%
This is my post about the issue and the mod already answer it.

Been using this phone since it released. Not even bothered about that thing anymore.

Edmund_CPN
Star II
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37383/blinking-red-light-on-notification-led-after-battery-dr...

Been using this phone since it released. Not even bothered about that thing anymore.

View post
This is what I'm talking about, they just ignore you when you ask them is it normal red light thing happen.

They never give a straight answer. When you ask is it normal, they just let you haging there.

They never say why need to wait some time, they just say the phone is fine if it is able to boot up even need to wait 1 hours.

Edmund_CPN
Star II
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37383/blinking-red-light-on-notification-led-after-battery-dr...

View post
screenshot-20201230-180530172.jpg
Where is your answer from them?
Did you close this discussion?

Edmund_CPN
Star II
Edmund CPN

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143577#Comment_143577

screenshot-20201230-180530172.jpg

Where is your answer from them?

Did you close this discussion?

View post
@Gustav_ASUS any comment?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Edmund CPN @Ogghy Let me check and get back to you. 🙂
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away for the holidays.