This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware version on Indian Handsets.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I came to know though the forum that a new update is out ending in version No .189. Since I had not received the FOTA I decided to manually flash the official firmware.

I went to the release notes section to download the zip of the latest firmware and noticed that firmwares are seggregated by regions.
However it seems my device is not running IN version but the WW version. I have attached the screenshots below.

Can anyone confirm that which one is the official firmware for Indian devices??
a4p343ivauwg.png
hpznxlrwtzec.jpg
27 REPLIES 27

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
Mods please confirm the difference between IN & WW. It is confusing.

paras0710
Rising Star II
c0wol750mltr.jpgI think phone is smart enough to not install update if its not meant for your phone. I was not getting any new update through system update in settings so i download it from asus website and move the downloaded file to root folder as it is & restarted the phone you will get notification that update file is found click start update and it will go fine.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I have flashed ww189. No real improvement in the earpiece quality.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Mods should clarify the difference between IN and WW. Can indian sets running on ww flash IN safely?? Is IN even meant for India???

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Mods should clarify the difference between IN and WW. Can indian sets running on ww flash IN safely?? Is IN even meant for India???
No, they can't. If your phone has WW firmware image, it doesn't matter what your location is and weather your country has its own firmware image or not. You can and you should update to the WW firmware and strictly only WW firmware. You could do it manually without any risks at all. The IN firmware is not for your phone, it's for the limited phones running on IN image (which has no difference at all from the WW image). Go ahead with the manual update without any hesitation ?