System: windows 10 (1909 or clean 20h2)
Battery or AC: both
Model: ux433fa
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: yep tried it, clean install / formatted HD
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
My intel 9560 adapter stopped working recently. I have reinstalled drivers, reinstalled a clean install of 20h2, rolled back some updates from a few weeks before the problem.

I'm leaning toward this being hardware, except that other users are having similar problems and they are finding it is in fact software related. For instance, my problem sounds a lot like another thread:
AleeeKoi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111570#Comment_111570

Blake, as I have already said, service center is not an option at now.

Anyway, my suspicions were well founded.. I have tried to reinstall bios firmware (the latest) but doesn't resolve.

So I have started to disabling devices from windows device manager and manually uninstall divers and then reinstall them (choosing latest from the asus page). I lost count how many configuration I have tried BUT.. now is working and restarting/shutting down windows doesn't make wifi not working.

So at now all devices are enabled and working with the last version (from asus) and in the windows bluetooth settings I have removed/uninstalled all devices associated in the past and turned off bluetooth too.

I really think this issue it's related to the bluetooth device/driver and the windows service. Blake can you tell me something about it? Are you in contact with windows for this problem?

I'll be back if this configuration will stop working again.

Thank you

View post
I am running bios 310.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Peter_tk
Star II
fortinder74

I have UX333FN...

As far as I know, the differences are screen size and graphic card.

After F9 you should press F10 to save&exit.

View post
Thanks again for the quick reply, unfortunately this doesn't fix my problem... bummer.

Peter_tk
Star II
fortinder74

I may have found a solution to the problem.

Warning! This solution worked for me and I do not guarantee it will work for you.

Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Use this tool at your own risk.

I am not responsible if anything happens to your PC.

Before you start, open the advanced power plans settings, check if you have Wireless and USB options.

if they are missing, as you can see below, you need to edit the registry.

power-plan-options.png

1. create a new power plan

2. open registry editor

3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings

4. You will see plenty of weirdly named folders.

each folder(key), represent an option on the power plan settings, read the description.

if you want to show this option, you need to set "Attributes" value to 2.

if you dont have "Attributes" key, add a new DWORD (32bit) Value and named it "Attributes".

registry.png

Those are the keys i edited(maybe only one of the is needed, idk):

2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3

\d4e98f31-5ffe-4ce1-be31-1b38b384c009

(this key is under the first one, expend his subfoders)

19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1

\12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a

F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9

5. Open advanced power plans settings, Now you're supposed to see more options.

6. Change wireless adapter settings>power saving to best performance.

7. Change USB>USB3 to minimum saving.

8. Change wireless standby on battery to available.

View post
Gave this a try too, but no luck unfortunately. I'm a couple months out of warranty and trying to decide what to do with this, it's all quite disappointing.
And to rub salt in the wound, I keep getting targeted ads for asus computers bragging of their reliability and "military grade" toughness. ha.

fortinder74
Star II
Ha Ha! many ASUS ads!
I bought my laptop October 2019, may warranty ended 2 months ago.
It's very frustrating!
Zenbook supposed to be their quality series.

It turned out I was happy too soon...
It's better now, but It didn't solve my problem.
The drivers keeps disappearing after sleep/restart/turning on the computer, but at least I can work continuously between restarts.
Does your Bluetooth work properly?

I saw many user here and on other forums around the web, describing problems with the same adapter, AC-9560.
Post a question on Intel forum, maybe if they will see many people having problams they will do something.

Peter_tk
Star II
No, my bluetooth also stopped working at the same time as my wifi... like you, I thought I was investing in a quality PC.