cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues that needs fix

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
1. Auto rotation sometimes doesn't work
2. Front camera opens directly when you get video call becomes an issue if in pocket
3. when in call you cannot go to any other screen. screen stays locked on call screen. 
4. Auto brightness sometimes doesn't work
5. Free ram is around 1gb which does not look good i have honor 10 with 6gb ram and always get 2.5gb free ram. i don't think optiflex is problem because i already have it off.
6. Low light camera is not up to the mark when compared with other camera with same specs
7 Slow motion 480fps looks below average and are we getting 960fps considering the chip it has. 
8. Struggles with with focus when taking macro shots whereas other phones with same lens can handle it much better. 
9. There is no option to have multiple users profile. 
10. Option to change clock position. 
11. Battery life could be better its great though. 
12. Camera gets foggy sometimes automatically due to moisture i guess and it happens from inside the lens. 

these are few i experienced others can add if any so that asus can fix them. Ear piece lil better now but not sure if it will be updated any further. 
51 REPLIES 51

ayan_sharma87
Star II
2. Front camera opens directly when you get video call becomes an issue if in pocket
3. when in call you cannot go to any other screen. screen stays locked on call screen. 
5. Free ram is around 1gb which does not look good i have honor 10 with 6gb ram and always get 2.5gb free ram. i don't think optiflex is problem because i already have it off.
6. Low light camera is not up to the mark when compared with other camera with same specs
7 Slow motion 480fps looks below average and are we getting 960fps considering the chip it has. 
8. Struggles with with focus when taking macro shots whereas other phones with same lens can handle it much better. 
12. Camera gets foggy sometimes automatically due to moisture i guess and it happens from inside the lens. 

these are few i experienced others can add if any so that asus can fix them. Ear piece lil better now but not sure if it will be updated any further. 
You might want to add another serious issue in your list. The issue is 'Camera can't flip'.
When I click to take a selfie, the camera says the above message and doesn't flip to the front. And when I click it again, it flips to front normally. The issue gets more serious when using a third party app. With a 3rd party app, it doesn't flip even trying multiple times and in case it gets flipped to the front, the image gets upside down.
What an embarrassment it is you can understand when people request you to click a group selfie with the 48MP camera ??

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
You might want to add another serious issue in your list. The issue is 'Camera can't flip'.
When I click to take a selfie, the camera says the above message and doesn't flip to the front. And when I click it again, it flips to front normally. The issue gets more serious when using a third party app. With a 3rd party app, it doesn't flip even trying multiple times and in case it gets flipped to the front, the image gets upside down.
What an embarrassment it is you can understand when people request you to click a group selfie with the 48MP camera ??
I'm not saying that this has never happened to anyone else but I believe it happens to you more frequently than most others. We need to find out if you have a certain app or certain combination of settings that triggers this behavior. We're currently looking at your log file and hopefully we will find out why your camera doesn't flip.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II

hey hi i heard few facing this issues i guess mods are already aware of it . did you try clearing cache from camera app? Hopefully the coming update should solve that issue.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all, sorry for not responding to this post sooner. We're reading through all the suggestions.
For specific issues (bugs) do please help address them individually (I¨m sure several already have their own threads) as collection threads are really difficult to follow up specifics on.

On 960fps, it is not about the chipset, it is about the camera sensor.
As has already been mentioned before, the sensor does not support real 960fps.
Other implementations of 960fps with either IMX362, IMX363 or IMX586 are based on software interpolation to add in the missing frames.

We have decided against doing this.  You may or may not care about software interpolation way but this is the decision we've arrived at - at this point.

Multiuser profile is a part of Android that Google really has not been maintaining well for some time.. we had that quite a few years ago on previous phones and it did cause a lot of unwanted issues - as such we have not implemented it in recent phones - and at current stage we probably will not implement it in the future either.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Hi all, sorry for not responding to this post sooner. We're reading through all the suggestions.
For specific issues (bugs) do please help address them individually (I¨m sure several already have their own threads) as collection threads are really difficult to follow up specifics on.

On 960fps, it is not about the chipset, it is about the camera sensor.
As has already been mentioned before, the sensor does not support real 960fps.
Other implementations of 960fps with either IMX362, IMX363 or IMX586 are based on software interpolation to add in the missing frames.

We have decided against doing this.  You may or may not care about software interpolation way but this is the decision we've arrived at - at this point.

Multiuser profile is a part of Android that Google really has not been maintaining well for some time.. we had that quite a few years ago on previous phones and it did cause a lot of unwanted issues - as such we have not implemented it in recent phones - and at current stage we probably will not implement it in the future either.
could you atleast improve 480 FPS better.. it looks too bad.