Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

sutty
Star I
Done the ott update last night to .122 and have had my widevine downgrade to L3. Was L1 before. It's the Global WW version and I live in Ireland so there is no local service store for Asus. If the fix can be done by my self then I can. The phone is unmodified. But I am well used to doing this.

PH
Rising Star I
With every update something or the other gets screwed up. With .99 update my widevine downgraded. With .122 update my plug n Play functionality is gone. I am afraid to even update now.

usamaro1411
Star I
hello mods, or any dev seeing this post, why my r3 after the latest update ver.122 my widwfine security was changed from L1 to L3, i see this issue was spread to other users too, if the sugestion was to go to service centre then its totaly absurd, i thnk its software related, my r3 was is not rooted or any kind, please fix it anytime soon
screenshot-20201226-203232748.jpg

Swadesh
Star III
One issue after another, first touch issue, then charging issue, now this.
It's like I get one problem fixed, there is new problem waiting for me. Regret buying this phone now.
My phone's Widevine security certification is downgraded to L3 as well.
How to fix this?
screenshot-20201228-101954969.jpg

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
After checking, if you have never unlocked or rooted your device, ZS661KS Widevine L3 issue, which is irrelevant to system update, can only be fixed by rewriting several keys in the repair center currently. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have the issue. I will PM you for further repair arrangement.

Hi usamaro1411 & Swadesh
Please check the inbox. Thank you.