This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook stuff on phone

john_kissane
Star III
I see the hidden Facebook crap still exists on the 6 same as on the 5. Can't uninstall them so have had to settle for disabling them. Something for people to be aware of. What purpose do these apps serve, if I wanted any Facebook spyware (which I definitely don't) surely I could install it myself?
Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_dv_n525qvtsr7g0.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I can confirm that if you disable the Facebook app you screenshotted, there will be no privacy or security risks. It looks like you're already in the clear.

john_kissane
Star III
And the reason it's there in the first place hidden in the system apps?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Social media is a big part of the mobile experience, and adding Facebook allows for more optimization for the users that want to take advantage of the service. Even more so for a phone with a gigantic selfie camera. We also built the ZenTalk forum right into the settings menu of the phone. It was a design decision to make social more of a focal point with ZenFone 6.

john_kissane
Star III
We can agree to disagree on that but why hide the apps and not give people the option to uninstall them? I had the Zenfone 5 for a year before I found out that that unwanted bloatware was installed.