This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to .122 still having widevine and black crush.

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hello,

I have recieved .122 update and after updating I'm still facing widevine and BLACKCRUSH issue.
Please help.

30 REPLIES 30

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
aguo1882

The black crush issue is definitely not as noticeable now. It was very obvious when I first got the phone, but it has progressively gotten better with each update.

View post
Not really, its very severe now again as it was on release. That being said at least the colors arent washed out anymore

aguo1882
Star III
kamal4554

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142711#Comment_142711

Your firmware version?

Mine is ..2012.122

Yes...but its still there though....hope they are working on it.

View post
Same version, I just updated. I actually found it to be ok, I don't notice the black crush anymore and I use it all the time in low light.
Also, the auto rotate issue I have been experiencing has now been fixed.

kamal_ms45
Star II
aguo1882

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142720#Comment_142720

Same version, I just updated. I actually found it to be ok, I don't notice the black crush anymore and I use it all the time in low light.

Also, the auto rotate issue I have been experiencing has now been fixed.

View post
It's still noticable on my phone though in low light...but when I use the screen balance it changes drastically....I hope the Asus team is working with pixelworks to fix this.
I found a thread in zentalk where a user calimed that he found out what the issue is actually. It's calibration issue, which was done by the pixelworks company. Apparently it's a bad caliberation of the display and the software or something is locked by the pixelworks. So the Asus team has to work with them to fix this issue. That is is the reason we are seeing some small fixes by the Asus team, the red tint when you open YouTube etc.
Hope they are working with pixelworks for a permanent fix.

aguo1882
Star III
kamal4554

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142914#Comment_142914

It's still noticable on my phone though in low light...but when I use the screen balance it changes drastically....I hope the Asus team is working with pixelworks to fix this.

I found a thread in zentalk where a user calimed that he found out what the issue is actually. It's calibration issue, which was done by the pixelworks company. Apparently it's a bad caliberation of the display and the software or something is locked by the pixelworks. So the Asus team has to work with them to fix this issue. That is is the reason we are seeing some small fixes by the Asus team, the red tint when you open YouTube etc.

View post
Ahh yes, I see that tint when I open youtube when I first got the phone. I'm used to it now.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
kamal4554

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142914#Comment_142914

View post
Screen balance? Is that an app? I would give it a try