Star I
System: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX534FAC
Frequency of occurrence: Multiple times, daily
Reset OS: No, have had this problem since purchasing this new laptop
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Several times a day, I lose my connection to the Internet. I am still connected to my Wifi router, but have no access to the Internet. If I click on "Troubleshoot Problems", I get the message that "The default gateway was unavailable". The troubleshooter resets the default gateway, and things go back working until it happens again. The problem is most frequent when waking from sleep mode, but it also happens while the Internet is in use (for example, during Zoom meetings). There are 3 other laptops of different brands in the apartment, and none of them have this issue, so I don't suspect it is a problem with my router.
Searching for solutions, the most common fix is to disable MacAfee anti-virus, but that program has never been installed on this computer.
Getting very frustrated with this problem on a brand new laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zane,
The latest BIOS is 307
officialsitePlease kindly update and reinstall the Wifi driver.
Thank you very much.

Zane
Star I
Hi Blake,

I've updated the BIOS and reinstalled the Wifi driver. Will report back if the problem persists.

Zane
Star I
Hi Blake,

Didn't work. Had the same problem. I'm connected via Wifi, but with no Internet access. I need to click on troubleshooting to reset the Wifi adapter, and the Internet works again. However, this is not an acceptable workaround.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zane,
Thank you for the update.
Do you have a Wifi adapter that you can plug in to the laptop and cross check if Wifi is working stably?

Zane
Star I
Hi Blake,

No, I don't have a Wifi adapter.