ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

journeywithme06
Star III
Still no improvement with the black crush. Very disappointing. I dint know with others, but my strix version bought last september 15 still having the same issue, no improvement whatsoever. This is my second time using asus phone which the two are disappointments. This will be my last phone from them. Will now be buying an apple next year.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
My black crush got fix maybe due to they added more grey or blue I think I tried to view my screen that has Black crush before now I tried it again after the latest update and now I can see the same color as my laptop see.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
I also think they removed some gray as greyscale reach upto 5

markovo
Rising Star I
Nothing changed with the .122 update. This phone is like Cyberpunk 2077 now. False marketing about the screen and no fix after months. Never buying Asus hardware again. It is a shame. For $600 one would expect only top tier hardware, but... Hope some devs can fix this one day because it seems that Asus does not care at this point.

yosef019
Rising Star II
markovo

Nothing changed with the .122 update. This phone is like Cyberpunk 2077 now. False marketing about the screen and no fix after months. Never buying Asus hardware again. It is a shame. For $600 one would expect only top tier hardware, but... Hope some devs can fix this one day because it seems that Asus does not care at this point.

View post
some users boght the global version same thing even worse i put on screen calibration app streight to 100%
that how asus ruins the best android phone one the market