Snaloe
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG_Phone3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Myself and my mother both bout one of these phones each, and it has effected us both on the same update ( 17.0823.2009.99 ) Before the update moblie internet was working fine, after both phones would not access internet on mobile. APN's are correct. Asda Mobile Carrier.
33 REPLIES 33

Snaloe
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS
I have reset a number of times including factory reset no effect.

Modem Test = Pass
SimCard 1 Test = Pass (where my sim is)
SimCard 2 Test = Fail (but it has no sim in it)
SimSignal Test = Fail
This is what it says: (bare in mind only sim 1 tray has a sim at the moment).
---------
SIM 1
Network: ASDA Mobile
Cellular Network status: Disconnected
HSPA Signal Strength(asu): 32
HSPA Signal Strength(dBm) -88
SIM2 Signal: NA
---------

Snaloe
Star I
Averan

Try resetting apn settings

View post
Tried it no effect.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Snaloe Have you been in contact with your carrier and explained your issue to them as well?

Snaloe
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS
No but I don't see what the problem could be.
When I put the ASDA Mobile sim into my old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Mobile Internet works fine.
I updated to the 17.0823.2009.99 update and my mobile internet stopped working.
I test updated my mum's phone (exact same ROG Phone 3 as mine) Tested it before upgrading to the 17.0823.2009.99 update and mobile internet was working perfectly. Upon updating to the 17.0823.2009.99 update the phones mobile internet stopped working totally.
Edit to add, before updating my mums phone when her internet was still working. I swapped her simcard into my phone and in my phone it did not make the internet work. But when I put it into her phone the internet worked fime. It was at this point I did the test update on her ROG Phone 3 to 17.0823.2009.99 that I have detailed above.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Snaloe A new update was released today. Check if you have received version 2012.122 and download it if you do.