This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViLTE or Native Video Calling

anshu_reader
Star II
When ViLTE or Native Video Calling will be available for JIO 4G in India?
43 REPLIES 43

mak_mahesh786
Rising Star I
At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
Hi Anders,
I thought that since the ROMs are the same for India, EU, Japan and Russia, the updates would be released simultaneously. Looks like that is not the case with the recent update 1908.189. I could see that it has been released only for WW, EU and JP and not for IN and RU. I have a 6Z in India and haven't got the update yet. Could you please clarify as to why there is a delay for Indian variants?
P.S. Please excuse for cross-posting on a different thread for a different question. I just wanted to quote the previous comment.
It's not necessary that if you bought the phone in India, it would have the IN SKU. Most phones have WW SKU (Worldwide).
To check SKU, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number
You will find your SKU there. If it's WW, then just manually flash the new FOTA.
If it's IN, it should take a couple of days, maybe a week, based on previous trends.
manually updating full rom will wipe all the data from the phone

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
Thanks @kinguntas23! I did not expect that a phone sold in India (via Asus's official partner Flipkart) would come with WW SKU. Anyways, mine has a WW SKU and so I just updated the firmware manually (without any data wipe). Voila! now the loud speaker quality seems to have been improved and there is no crackling noise. Kudos to Asus. Will anyways use the phone for a few days to see if the issue had really been sorted out completely.

mak_mahesh786
Rising Star I
Thanks @kinguntas23! I did not expect that a phone sold in India (via Asus's official partner Flipkart) would come with WW SKU. Anyways, mine has a WW SKU and so I just updated the firmware manually (without any data wipe). Voila! now the loud speaker quality seems to have been improved and there is no crackling noise. Kudos to Asus. Will anyways use the phone for a few days to see if the issue had really been sorted out completely.
manually downloading full rom and updating did not wiped anything?

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
manually downloading full rom and updating did not wiped anything?
No. I manually downloaded the update and moved it to the parent directory in internal storage. Then a device restart would trigger an update notification. Installing it is very similar to that of an ota update. 

mak_mahesh786
Rising Star I
ya it did not wiped anything,
thanks