This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 is lagging noticeably after Last update!!!!!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always!!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Every App!!!
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS@Titan_ASUS@Laura_ASUS@Anders_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

After updating the phone, I noticed that the phone lags a little while doing anything like gaming, surfing, chatting, etc. The phone was absolute beast and was so smooth but after the update it lags a bit. Also before the update, there was very little black crush issue but after the update it is very prominent. I think the update has messed up the display calibration.
Also, I have set the refresh rate on 120Hz on the day it was delivered to me. So, the auto refresh rate is not the problem.
Please help!!!

EDIT: I forgot, after the update the camera is also lagging very much. It lags so much that it looks like I am using a camera on a phone which was released 10 years ago!!!
16 REPLIES 16

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@anish.aryancutie28 Let's wait and see how youe phone operates after the coming firmware update then. Be sure to mention me again after you've updated (and rebooted) your phone and we can take it from there. 👍

Craven
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@anish.aryancutie28 Let's wait and see how youe phone operates after the coming firmware update then. Be sure to mention me again after you've updated (and rebooted) your phone and we can take it from there. 👍

View post
Excuse me but "let's wait and see"? Pardon my insolence but it sounds to me like you guys don't know the exact release date of the FOTA and its contents. Do you guys even have access to that type of information in the first place because from what I've observed, all you mods do in this forum is:
1. Take suggestions and tell the OP "I'll pass this along to the devs" yet we don't even know if you all do that.
2. Ask OP to update and check if the update hopefully has the fix and if not, instruct OP to do troubleshooting steps and let them wait for an eternity for the fix or tell them to wait for the next update and see if there's a fix.
3. Tell everyone to wait for the update and check if it fixes everything.
4. Tell assuring statements which are obviously lies.
5. Rummage around the forum.
Sorry if i offend anyone but that's just my observation.

Craven
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141810#Comment_141810

Wow, it first now dawned uppon your mind that the mods aren't the devs? The mods get estimates from the devs hence they are very reluctant giving out any dates as they are estimates.

You cleary have never worked in a company where software is being developed so your ignorance is understandable. Basicially the mods have contact with the devs but don't have the most precise information available as it's not their responsibility to develop the applications / ROM. All the mods responsibility is to filter information and get it to the devs, also keeping the forums as clean as possible.

You impatient kids keep applying pressure on the mods and forcing them to give you something or you'll spam the forums with your nonsense hence they gave an estimate so that you can stop crying nonstop, sadly the estimate wasnt been fulfilled probably due to some bug findings and now the mods have to deal with ignorant kids crying over and over again.

View post
Wow you actually took the bait. I figured if I'd insult the mods, you'd be offended once you read this seeing as you always act like a mod even though you aren't and boy, I wasn't wrong. And yes, when i said "if i offend anybody" i was referring specifically to you, Mr. Know-it-all. Partially to the mods as well since this applies to them also but mostly i was just trying to find out your goal here in this forum and now i have. So by kissing ASUS' and the mods' asses and sucking their anus dry with your rowdy lips, how do you feel about your actions huh? Do you hope that one day they'll notice your prick-like attitude and actually grant you a seat in the company, make you an actual mod with an arrogant attitude? Actually, scratch that, I don't want to start another argument with you, a moron, so this is gonna be my last reply on this thread.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141799#Comment_141799

Excuse me but "let's wait and see"? Pardon my insolence but it sounds to me like you guys don't know the exact release date of the FOTA and its contents. Do you guys even have access to that type of information in the first place because from what I've observed, all you mods do in this forum is:

1. Take suggestions and tell the OP "I'll pass this along to the devs" yet we don't even know if you all do that.

2. Ask OP to update and check if the update hopefully has the fix and if not, instruct OP to do troubleshooting steps and let them wait for an eternity for the fix or tell them to wait for the next update and see if there's a fix.

3. Tell everyone to wait for the update and check if it fixes everything.

4. Tell assuring statements which are obviously lies.

5. Rummage around the forum.

Sorry if i offend anyone but that's just my observation.

View post
I'm sorry if my post above came across as a bit blasé, that was not my intention. I'm in contact with the original poster over PM about his issue, so don't worry. 🙂
@nightmaster552 Please remember to keep a cool head and try to be friendly toward other users. I've deleted your post as to avoid any further discussion that won't lead anywhere good.
Happy holidays to you both!

PH
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141810#Comment_141810

I'm sorry if my post above came across as a bit blasé, that was not my intention. I'm in contact with the original poster over PM about his issue, so don't worry. 🙂

@nightmaster552 Please remember to keep a cool head and try to be friendly toward other users. I've deleted your post as to avoid any further discussion that won't lead anywhere good.

Happy holidays to you both!

View post
Thanks a ton @Gustav_ASUS