This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware version on Indian Handsets.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I came to know though the forum that a new update is out ending in version No .189. Since I had not received the FOTA I decided to manually flash the official firmware.

I went to the release notes section to download the zip of the latest firmware and noticed that firmwares are seggregated by regions.
However it seems my device is not running IN version but the WW version. I have attached the screenshots below.

Can anyone confirm that which one is the official firmware for Indian devices??
a4p343ivauwg.png
hpznxlrwtzec.jpg
27 REPLIES 27

GamerArc
Rising Star II
paras0710 said:
Its working fine on my indian 256/8 GB phone. I updated manually.
You flashed WW?? Ofcourse we will flash WW since indian sets seems to be on WW but just wanted to confirm what this IN version is.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
There is no difference in the different firmware releases. Most of the Indian phones run on the Worldwide (WW) SKU. This as some mods told me, is a way to ensure fast global updates. If your device is on the WW SKU, download strictly the WW firmwares, as the wrong SKU will result in failed updates and maybe software damages.
I think the IN maybe indonesia...
No I read Anders_ASUS' comment which said IN was for India
You sure bro?? Why would they have 2 versions for India?

GamerArc
Rising Star II
paras0710 said:
Oh that's news. I didn't know that the firmware can be downloaded irrespective of the regions.
No no..he must have downloaded the same firmware he had. Do not mix version as of now. Better to confirm first.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
There is no difference in the different firmware releases. Most of the Indian phones run on the Worldwide (WW) SKU. This as some mods told me, is a way to ensure fast global updates. If your device is on the WW SKU, download strictly the WW firmwares, as the wrong SKU will result in failed updates and maybe software damages.
I think the IN maybe indonesia...
No I read Anders_ASUS' comment which said IN was for India
You sure bro?? Why would they have 2 versions for India?
Yes man, I'm sure. I don't know why though, but that is what it is ?

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
paras0710 said:
Oh that's news. I didn't know that the firmware can be downloaded irrespective of the regions.
Be very careful man, If your phone has WW firmware, donot, DONOT!, download any other version. Same goes for IN firmware.
@architgenius I'm on the WW SKU ?