Star I
System: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX534FAC
Frequency of occurrence: Multiple times, daily
Reset OS: No, have had this problem since purchasing this new laptop
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Several times a day, I lose my connection to the Internet. I am still connected to my Wifi router, but have no access to the Internet. If I click on "Troubleshoot Problems", I get the message that "The default gateway was unavailable". The troubleshooter resets the default gateway, and things go back working until it happens again. The problem is most frequent when waking from sleep mode, but it also happens while the Internet is in use (for example, during Zoom meetings). There are 3 other laptops of different brands in the apartment, and none of them have this issue, so I don't suspect it is a problem with my router.
Searching for solutions, the most common fix is to disable MacAfee anti-virus, but that program has never been installed on this computer.
Getting very frustrated with this problem on a brand new laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zane,
Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are up to date.
Was there any update or modification before the issue occurred?
Were you using bluetooth device at the same time?
Have you tried to cross check with other wifi hotspot? or 2.4Ghz change to 5GHz?
Do you have any other anti-virus program in your laptop? please try to disable them as well.
Thank you.

Zane
Star I
Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are up to date.
To the best of my knowledge, both are up to date. I run Windows update regularly.
Was there any update or modification before the issue occurred?
No, I've had this problem since I got this computer.
Were you using bluetooth device at the same time?
Sometimes yes, but not always.
Have you tried to cross check with other wifi hotspot? or 2.4Ghz change to 5GHz?
I have had this problem happen on other Wifi connections.
Do you have any other anti-virus program in your laptop? please try to disable them as well.
There are no other anti-virus programs running on my laptop.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zane,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Then have your tried to reinstall the Wifi driver?
The BIOS update might not be conducted by Windows update, so please kindly double check.
Thank you so much.

Zane
Star I
Hello Blake,
The BIOS version is:
SMBIOSBIOS 
VersionUX534FAC.305
2/4/2020
I haven't tried to reinstall the Wifi driver. As previously mentioned, I've had this problem with this computer since I got it, right out of the box. I was hoping a Windows Update would solve the problem, but the problem has persisted.