This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 is lagging noticeably after Last update!!!!!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always!!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Every App!!!
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS@Titan_ASUS@Laura_ASUS@Anders_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

After updating the phone, I noticed that the phone lags a little while doing anything like gaming, surfing, chatting, etc. The phone was absolute beast and was so smooth but after the update it lags a bit. Also before the update, there was very little black crush issue but after the update it is very prominent. I think the update has messed up the display calibration.
Also, I have set the refresh rate on 120Hz on the day it was delivered to me. So, the auto refresh rate is not the problem.
Please help!!!

EDIT: I forgot, after the update the camera is also lagging very much. It lags so much that it looks like I am using a camera on a phone which was released 10 years ago!!!
16 REPLIES 16

ajinkya017

My device was also lagging. Factory reset solved it. Although I think this shouldn't happen. Being a new phone, restoring wasn't much of an issue as I am still in the process of moving on from my old phone. Factory resetting a daily driver is a tough job.

View post
That is why I am not obliged towards factory reset cause my previous phone is damaged so all my data have been transferred to this phone. It will took too much time before I can reset it!!!

Gustav_ASUS

Can you provide us with a screen recording, or try to be more specific with what you mean? Anything that can make it easier to pinpoint the problem you are facing. 🙂

View post
I have not recorded my screen because it may not be noticeable in the video. The phone lags a little while using the phone for Gaming(Getaway 2, COD), scrolling the feed on Instagram and Facebook. it is like having a hiccup while scrolling but more frequently and while gaming you can experience frame drop. Normal eyes can't spot these issues but since I am using the device from the start, I can clearly see something is wrong with it.
BUT I can give you the screen recording of Camera app because it is the only app in my phone which lags very much. I will send the recording to you separately. Please give me your E-mail ID!!!
Also, I forgot to mention that after the update, the phone drains battery faster when it is NOT being used. For example, If I use my phone for 20min gaming, it will drop the charge from 100% to 89-91% which is good. If I use the phone for 30 min social media, it will drop the charge from 100% to 94-95%. But when I go to sleep at night after fully charging the device, it will drop the charge from 100% to 89-90% in the morning when I wake up. And I have narrowed this problem to the auto-start manager. Even when many apps are not allowed to auto start, they somehow still start causing battery drain. I tried allowing all and then restricting all together, it worked for 3-4 days and the battery also drained from 100% to 98-99% during the night, BUT then again the battery drain occurred.
Send me you Mail ID so I can send you the screen recording of camera App!!!!

Please MOD reply!!

@Gustav_ASUS Any chance it will be fixed in the coming update? Also, Previously, Fix for Face unlock interfering with fingerprint unlock did not include in the last update, will it be included in the coming update?

rehan95ahmed
Star II
Where is new update Asus team