Did you mean: 

[Solved] Zenfone Max Pro M1 Low volume to bluetooth Headset Apple AirPods

B_Wong
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_X00TDE, Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2009.087-20200826
Rooted or not: Don't know
Frequency of Occurrence: 2 days ago, everything went well. Normal volume to the bluetooth headset. All of the sudden, the volume drops perhaps only 10% even turned to max.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Youtube, VLC, XPlayer, any APPS.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Have isolated the problem with bluetooth only as a wired headset gets the normal volume. The bluetooth headset also works well with another non-ASUS phone. Soft reboot doesn't solve the problem. Seen similar posts but not quite applicable.
Appreciate your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

B_Wong
Star II
This youtube video solves my problem.
TUTORIAL on fixing your Apple AirPods low volume issue while using a Android phone by TheHorrorDude. Although 2 years ago, it works.

**Adjusted "Disable absolute volume"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi B.Wong
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Can the device work with other bluetooth headsets properly?
2. Does the issue remain the same after reconnected the bluetooth?
Settings>Connected devices>Preferred device>Forget>Pair new device>Connect again
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps. Does the remain the same in Safe Mode?
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

KUL
Star II
Same problem in my device max pro m2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi KUL
Can you provide me your answers of the questions above for further checking?

B_Wong
Star II
Hi Christine_ASUS,
Thanks for your reply.
1. Can the device work with other bluetooth headsets properly?
Answer: The device volume is also low for another BT headset.
2. Does the issue remain the same after reconnected the bluetooth?
Settings>Connected devices>Preferred device>Forget>Pair new device>Connect again
Answer: Unfortunately, remains the same.
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps. Does the remain the same in Safe Mode?
Answer: Unfortunately, low volume in Safe Mode.
I have a family member (my family is ASUS fan). Her Zenfone 5 encounters exactly the same problem.
Look forward to your further suggestion.