ufuk9933
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 3
Firmware Version:99
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
when will the new updates arrive. December is ending.

67 REPLIES 67

KungYii1994
Star II
Jesp.r

I have the Rog 3 with 512gb and 16gb of ram memory. I bought it the moment it went on sale. I have not had black Crush or widevine L3 or anything ... the phone works perfect for me. I'm not an Asus Fanboy, but I don't understand many of the complaints. Sometimes I think they are talking about a different phone.

View post
Trust me not every rog 3 set have black crush. Some might very minimal to notice. I bought rog 3 day 1 release on Malaysia. Now my friend buy on nov. I compared my black crush and his black crush kinda very minimal but mine look worst as fk. Wow it was obvious fking lcd problem for sure but asus wont say it for sure. Go warranty going take forever since there no services center in my area.

PH
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141440#Comment_141440

Yes but we all know black crush and tint has been an issue for all OEMs recently,none have a "perfect display" even samsung has it check their community forums,reddit and telegram group and you'll find similar complains

Iphones have reported display issues too

And as far as software is concerned it's much better than compared to what other OEMs offer bugs well every ui running android has it rog is no exception but zen ui 7 is one of the best android skins right now both feature and aesthetic wise it's pure android and has same layout etc with Asus features on top of it without bloat which I'll tell you many OEMs are notorious for

View post
No bloat is one of the reasons why I went for this but can't compromise on display. Samsung was having these issues with galaxy 9 series but they have reduced it a lot with the newer versions. Rog 3 has a very evident black crush which makes it annoying to view. It is visible even in the armoury crate and most of the games..forget OTTS

Aryan202
Community Legend I
PH

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141457#Comment_141457

No bloat is one of the reasons why I went for this but can't compromise on display. Samsung was having these issues with galaxy 9 series but they have reduced it a lot with the newer versions. Rog 3 has a very evident black crush which makes it annoying to view. It is visible even in the armoury crate and most of the games..forget OTTS

View post
I don't think it can be categorised as "reduced a lot"
I still see a lot of complains on the web on different platforms/forums
screenshot-20201221-213305738.jpg

PH
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141465#Comment_141465

I don't think it can be categorised as "reduced a lot"

I still see a lot of complains on the web on different platforms/forums

screenshot-20201221-213305738.jpg

View post
Just one post where a couple of users have it on their units as opposed to Rog where you will find so many thread. Besides I have compared the content on my phone and my friends s20 plus and his looks way too better and didn't notice any issue.

PH
Rising Star I
tiong326

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141112#Comment_141112

Trust me not every rog 3 set have black crush. Some might very minimal to notice. I bought rog 3 day 1 release on Malaysia. Now my friend buy on nov. I compared my black crush and his black crush kinda very minimal but mine look worst as fk. Wow it was obvious fking lcd problem for sure but asus wont say it for sure. Go warranty going take forever since there no services center in my area.

View post
Very alarming. And the issues are more prominent in developing countries where asus has cut down prices and it would only make sense to use substandard displays.