System: windows10
Battery or AC: battery
Model: UX434FLC
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
The battery life sucks on this one, I was promissed 8h+ by the seller, bought it just a couple of months ago, my records is 4h. 100% loaded it says 2-4h... now I have uninstalled everything, turned off everything.. even when doing nothing with no software open, it wont last more then 4h.. and am I not supposed to work on it??? I got an 6y old Sony Vaio that I still gets 15-16h on, new it was...
Cant have the mx250 activated, because if something use it, the fans starts speeding up as hell and the laptop gets smooking hot..
What am I supposed to do with this crap??? Work... 1-2h.. using it with charger.. then it also gets hot as hell and fans is so fucking disturbing..
10 REPLIES 10

raspelin
Star I
asus2.png
Do I need to turn off the screen maybe to reach 8h?

raspelin
Star I
raspelin

asus2.png

Do I need to turn off the screen maybe to reach 8h?

View post
(the main screen 14"... the screenpad is off,, cant use it then batterylife drains quicker then hell and fan goes max)

raspelin
Star I
asus3.png
Latest version of Bios.. 306... (System language is Swedish)

Liviu
Rising Star II
There should be an asterisc on that page saying in what conditions they achieve that running time. Usually, a laptop does not last that much, at least I don't know of one that would last as much and also do some work on it. My UX581GV lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes max, so I mostly keep it plugged in, which makes sense considering that it has the RTX2060 graphic card and the I9 9980hk procesor on it.
It is common for companies to hype on some things that work only on paper. Of course, it's not normal to to do, I'm just saying that it's a common practice for non-european companies because it's difficult to fine them.

raspelin
Star I
Liviu

There should be an asterisc on that page saying in what conditions they achieve that running time. Usually, a laptop does not last that much, at least I don't know of one that would last as much and also do some work on it. My UX581GV lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes max, so I mostly keep it plugged in, which makes sense considering that it has the RTX2060 graphic card and the I9 9980hk procesor on it.

It is common for companies to hype on some things that work only on paper. Of course, it's not normal to to do, I'm just saying that it's a common practice for non-european companies because it's difficult to fine them.

View post
Yes but when the reseller promise 8h+ full day of work, and it is written in the specs on Asus.com, then we can not accept 1-2h? It's to big of a different to be okey. Now I have to use my old laptop and RDP into this new one, so it can be plugged in.
Im not playing games or doing anything heavy, then I understand if it will be less.. but even when doing nothing with everything off, 1/3 of the promissed time..
The reseller also knew I was to buy it for work, no one works with everything off just starring at it with a black screen.