rocknrolla
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 6
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2010.179
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I have noticed that in any call I make with my ZenFone 6, it is not using the HD codec. I don't mean VoLTE, but the normal 3G HD calling (which all major carriers in my country support).
I have cross tested with a couple of SIMs and phones I have, and it does not look like there is a problem with my line or SIM, as I can make HD calls with the same SIM in my previous phone (Android 😎 and also with an older Asus ZenFone 3 Max I still have around. Both of them are able to establish the 3G call in HD. It is clearly an HD call as in both cases the sound quality is noticeably better than any call I make with my ZenFone 6.
The ZenFone 3 Max even shows the HD icon in the Asus dialer next to the duration of the call, like in the image below (this is a example image for the older Asus dialer in the Zenfone 3 from Google Play):
imagen.png

So, why might this be happening? Does the ZenFone 6 support HD calling in 3G?
I also know it is not an issue with the earpiece, as audio from another apps (whatsapp calls, skype, etc) has a better quality.
Anyone has the HD icon or noticeable HD quality when making a call?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

rocknrolla
Star III
I forgot to mention I also tried to use the Google dialer as default phone app, but the calls were still not HD.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rocknrolla

I forgot to mention I also tried to use the Google dialer as default phone app, but the calls were still not HD.

View post
I have no idea. I have HD on my ZF6 even when I deactivate VoLTE. Please wait for the A11 update. It's not far away now.

rocknrolla
Star III
Thanks @Anders_ASUS , the only thing I haven't tried yet is to do a factory reset, but I think I'll wait for the Android 11 update then.