ViLTE or Native Video Calling

anshu.readeranshu.reader Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
When ViLTE or Native Video Calling will be available for JIO 4G in India?

Comments

• When ViLTE or Native Video Calling will be available for JIO 4G in India?
    #asus ... Please reply. It's a very important feature for all #Jio consumers
  • our Indian team and Jio need to make some changes before it's possible to enable VoLTE. I will see if I can get someone from ASUS to get in contact with them.
  • our Indian team and Jio need to make some changes before it's possible to enable VoLTE. I will see if I can get someone from ASUS to get in contact with them.
    Native video calling is a very important feature nowadays. Even a low-end/ mid range devices also comes with this feature. I am totally shocked that this is missing in a premium phone like this. Please add the native video calling as soon as possible @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS
  • what do you mean by native video calling? You want a video feature like face-time built in into ZenUI? We're running close to stock android and android doesn't have this. You're supposed to use your favorite IM app
  • indian carriers support 4g video calling option from the dialer app by defualt. asus 6z does not have video calling option in dialer app which works with carrier 4g service.
  • Native Video calling support is a facility provided by the network in support with the device without using any third party OTT applications like skype, facetime, hangouts etc. to make video calls using the native inbuilt smartphone dialler or call screen ( interface )

In India JIO 4G network supports it with almost every Volte or ViLTE enabled handset. Please add this as soon as possible.  @Anders_ASUS@CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS
  • its already there. you and other person should be on supported network. though i dint try but it its there. 

• it is not there in mine
  • its already there. you and other person should be on supported network. though i dint try but it its there. 

it will open google duo which is a third party app
  • Please provide this basic and necessary feature for users in India. Please add this as soon as possible.  @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS
  • Please add volte native video calling feature from dialer
  • Native video calling is now a days supported not only by Jio but Airtel also supports. It's a very basic feature incorporated in dialer even in cheap as well as non branded phones too. I donot think Jio has anything to do with handset. Asus can enable video calling options through software update itself. 
  • I will forward this to our software developers but I can't promise anything.
  • We have VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) with Jio but we currently won't support native video calling as this is a India only feature and we sell the same phone all over the world. The India FW is the same as in EU.
  • Just open and use Google Duo it's that simple
  • @Natebird perheps you have not used ViLTE, It's incorporated in dialer. Call quality and stability is far better than any 3rd party OTT app. I donot think Jio and Airtel has anything to do with handset.  @Anders_ASUS Please add this feature, this is a much needed feature for Indian Users. If something is not available in EU then why should we suffer for that.
  • edited August 2019
    At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. Maybe it will change in the future, I don't know but at the moment there's no way for us to implement the feature you're requesting. I'm sorry! We know you want it but this is they way it is.
  • shyamprabhu_gshyamprabhu_g Level 2
    edited August 2019
    At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
    Hi Anders,
    I thought that since the ROMs are the same for India, EU, Japan and Russia, the updates would be released simultaneously. Looks like that is not the case with the recent update 1908.189. I could see that it has been released only for WW, EU and JP and not for IN and RU. I have a 6Z in India and haven't got the update yet. Could you please clarify as to why there is a delay for Indian variants?
    P.S. Please excuse for cross-posting on a different thread for a different question. I just wanted to quote the previous comment.
  • At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
    Hi Anders,
    I thought that since the ROMs are the same for India, EU, Japan and Russia, the updates would be released simultaneously. Looks like that is not the case with the recent update 1908.189. I could see that it has been released only for WW, EU and JP and not for IN and RU. I have a 6Z in India and haven't got the update yet. Could you please clarify as to why there is a delay for Indian variants?
    P.S. Please excuse for cross-posting on a different thread for a different question. I just wanted to quote the previous comment.
    It's not necessary that if you bought the phone in India, it would have the IN SKU. Most phones have WW SKU (Worldwide).
    To check SKU, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number
    You will find your SKU there. If it's WW, then just manually flash the new FOTA.
    If it's IN, it should take a couple of days, maybe a week, based on previous trends.
  • At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
    Hi Anders,
    It's not necessary that if you bought the phone in India, it would have the IN SKU. Most phones have WW SKU (Worldwide).
    To check SKU, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number
    You will find your SKU there. If it's WW, then just manually flash the new FOTA.
    If it's IN, it should take a couple of days, maybe a week, based on previous trends.
    manually updating full rom will wipe all the data from the phone
This discussion has been closed.