This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder needs better optimization.

Craven
Rising Star II
Hey Mods, the screen recorder is so bad! The recording widget is too big and just adds to the clutter on my HUD, i requested an option to hide it a few months back but it was never included in the FOTA updates. Even at 720p, the file size is still too large. There's a 30-minute recording limit too so when I'm in the final moments of finishing a match in PUBGM (A full classic match usually takes 30+ minutes), the screen recorder just cuts off automatically and shows a distracting, giant notification on my screen. I'd like to share my gameplay but the file size is too big. The viewers will surely experience some buffering. I'm starting to get jealous of iOS' screen recorder because it seems to generate less MB/minute all while retaining HD quality. Why do we have such inferior recording software?
16 REPLIES 16

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140137#Comment_140137

Didn't you read? I said the time limit is 30 minutes max, not 15! Of course you won't have any problems because you're still 15 mins short. That "stop recording" button may be perfect for you but it's not for me. I've had situations where I didn't see the enemy that was in front and above me because that thing was in the way and If i move it somewhere else, I'll accidentally tap on it. And please explain to me how 4GB for a 30 min, 720p clip is reasonable to you? Do you imagine viewers with slow internet speed will be able to watch this with no buffering at all? Just because you don't have a problem with a software doesn't mean no one does, okay?

View post
Well,the minority of users have problems so it won't do much,but from what I remember 4GB or not,social media compresses them enough to be eligible for users with low connection signal to watch the videos,besides if you aren't patient nothing will be sufficient for you,example being my own recordings,15 minutes can take a good 10 or 20 minutes of 1080p to upload on YouTube with HD quality,even on 5 bars on my networks,aka really fast internet
But buffering depends on the internet,not the video size,it compreses a lot so it is normal

Craven
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140184#Comment_140184

Well,the minority of users have problems so it won't do much,but from what I remember 4GB or not,social media compresses them enough to be eligible for users with low connection signal to watch the videos,besides if you aren't patient nothing will be sufficient for you,example being my own recordings,15 minutes can take a good 10 or 20 minutes of 1080p to upload on YouTube with HD quality,even on 5 bars on my networks,aka really fast internet

But buffering depends on the internet,not the video size,it compreses a lot so it is normal

View post
You know i emphasized the importance of the "HD" part earlier, right? What's the point of me uploading a 720p video to a streaming platform when it's just gonna be downscaled to 240p? And if the viewers do choose to watch using the 720p option, their data's gonna be sucked dry because of the file size. I feel like you're just commenting without understanding, you're not helping at all.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140803#Comment_140803

You know i emphasized the importance of the "HD" part earlier, right? What's the point of me uploading a 720p video to a streaming platform when it's just gonna be downscaled to 240p? And if the viewers do choose to watch using the 720p option, their data's gonna be sucked dry because of the file size. I feel like you're just commenting without understanding, you're not helping at all.

View post
That's not really how it works tho,the viewers can change the quality whenever they want,and should be responsible with their data,not your problem or the file

Craven
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140824#Comment_140824

That's not really how it works tho,the viewers can change the quality whenever they want,and should be responsible with their data,not your problem or the file

View post
If they need to watch in HD, then they WILL HAVE to choose the 1080p/720p option. As the uploader, it is my responsibility to provide them with accessible HD options. Seriously, I must be talking to a kid here. Can you just stop replying? You are useless.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140945#Comment_140945

If they need to watch in HD, then they WILL HAVE to choose the 1080p/720p option. As the uploader, it is my responsibility to provide them with accessible HD options. Seriously, I must be talking to a kid here. Can you just stop replying? You are useless.

View post
Well,you are way more worthless complaining publicly, replying to me or even spreading false info,noone needs to watch in HD,if their data plan is really limited they should watch in SD quality,are you a spoiled kid by any chance? You should already know the SD quality is uploaded first and then the HD quality,the viewers have atleast 6 options to choose from no matter the size,btw I aint a kid smh