This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X542UQ not charging and horizontal line on the bottom appeared.

michaelrentoy
Star I
My Asus laptop does not charging after I installed new SSD on my laptop. It says 77% available (plugged in). And white line appeared on my monitor and suddenly multiplied. Please help me.
monitor.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
michaelrentoy

My Asus laptop does not charging after I installed new SSD on my laptop. It says 77% available (plugged in). And white line appeared on my monitor and suddenly multiplied. Please help me.

monitor.jpg

Asus X542UQ not charging and horizontal line on the bottom appeared.
what is the exact bios model, few laptop models have different model name with different bios model number ,
for example , my laptop model name is R542UQ but bios model is X542UQ.
to get the correct bios model, use system information, or use dxdiag.exe
capture-jpg.jpg
for you information , i installed total three disks , 1TB M.2 SSD , 2TB HDD and 2TB HDD , total 5TB are conncted internally , no problems
capture02-jpg.jpg

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello michael,
Did you install new OS on the SSD? Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are all updated.
Also, if you tilt the monitor in different angel, does flickering happen?
Thank you.

michaelrentoy
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41995/asus-x542uq-not-charging-and-horizontal-line-on-the-bot...

what is the exact bios model, few laptop models have different model name with different bios model number ,

for example , my laptop model name is R542UQ but bios model is X542UQ.

to get the correct bios model, use system information, or use dxdiag.exe

capture-jpg.jpg

for you information , i installed total three disks , 1TB M.2 SSD , 2TB HDD and 2TB HDD , total 5TB are conncted internally , no problems

capture02-jpg.jpg

View post
I already fixed the charging issue but the horizontal line on the bottom is not yet fixed yet.

michaelrentoy
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello michael,

Did you install new OS on the SSD? Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are all updated.

Also, if you tilt the monitor in different angel, does flickering happen?

Thank you.

View post
I already fixed the charging issue but the horizontal line on the bottom is not yet fixed yet and its flickering when I tilt my monitor.