devicentextian
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ZS661KS
Firmware Version:.78
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

devicentextian
Rising Star II
arry_nyp

Hi ROG Phone 3 users. 

I did purchase a new ROG Phone 3 from ASUS Exclusive Store at Bugis on September 2020. 

I am aware that the phone has a very large battery capacity, 6000 mAh. 

I have been observing the battery life of the phone and noted the battery life’s performance has been performing poorer than expected. 

So, when I did fully charged the phone at 100%, I set the phone to Airplane Mode and leave it as it is for about 7 days. After 7 days I noted the phone’s battery percentage remaining is only between 30% - 40%. 

I compared with another new phone I have, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. The phone’s battery capacity is definitely lower than the the battery capacity for ROG Phone 3. However, when fully charged and kept in airplane mode for 7 days, the battery percentage remaining is much higher at more than 80%. 

So, is there an issue with the battery performance of the ROG Phone 3 please?

Please do advise. Thank you. 

View post
Try Fully charge both of your phone then play a same video on youtube repeatedly and compare the battery life of both phone.

arry_nyp
Star I
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140953#Comment_140953

Try Fully charge both of your phone then play a same video on youtube repeatedly and compare the battery life of both phone.

View post
Hi Devicetextian,
Thank you for the reply. I have not tried doing the suggestion you did advice earlier. However, do you also experience the same issue as I have right now about the ROG Phone 3 battery draining at Airplane Mode? The software update has already been done. Thank you.

sampathfeb15
Star III
I am also having same battery draining issue. When I charge my mobile 100% and kept it a side for over night battery drain happens it becomes 80%. I ahve also tried to keep my mobile in 22% and kept it a side for over night by the morning my mobile got switched off. Battery draining happens after the new update of bypass charging. I have also contacted support they asked me to do total reset of my mobile I have done but it still happens.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
sampathfeb15

I am also having same battery draining issue. When I charge my mobile 100% and kept it a side for over night battery drain happens it becomes 80%. I ahve also tried to keep my mobile in 22% and kept it a side for over night by the morning my mobile got switched off. Battery draining happens after the new update of bypass charging. I have also contacted support they asked me to do total reset of my mobile I have done but it still happens.

View post
No, latest update fixed my issue. are you at the .99 latest version??

sampathfeb15
Star III
My version is 99 only. But battery issue is not fixed. Same happens for me. My mobile got switched off when I kept it a side when it is in 22% and by the morning it got switched off. This updates are the worst fix from asus. Hope asus doesn't have proper testing team. 🤣🤣. They can appoint me as a new test engineer 😎