Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo Fan Incredibly Loud Randomly

dietrichjrw
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Unsure what this means
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Randomly, but more often when playing games or after heavy use.
Reset OS: Unsure what this means
Screenshot or video: https://youtu.be/lpq9_rn1s4c
========================
Detailed description:(This description seems to keep deleting itself when I try to post so I hope that this goes through)

Yesterday I noticed that my laptop would make this awful and loud buzzing sound out of what I assume is the right fan. It makes the sound at completely random times for a completely random duration. It could be right as a turn the laptop on and last for five minutes, or it could happen 5 hours into use for 30 seconds, it is seemingly random. It will happen more frequently if I am consistently using it however, but not at even intervals. I added a link to a YouTube video, as the imbed media button does not seem to be working. I have seen other posts about similar topics but none encompassed my issue so I made this post. Also many of the other posts have had solutions that dealt with checking BIOS, and I do not know anything about that. If that is part of the solution, please include a detailed explanation, or a link to a video explaining it.
Any help would be very much appreciated it, as it is loud enough to wake family upstairs when it happens.
Thank for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

Liviu
Rising Star II
That's not normal. I own the same device and never happened to me. Send the device into service.

dietrichjrw
Star I
I can assume that it is not normal. The goal of this for me is to figure out if there is an alternative to just sending it in. I don't particularly like Asus service support.

Liviu
Rising Star II
dietrichjrw

I can assume that it is not normal. The goal of this for me is to figure out if there is an alternative to just sending it in. I don't particularly like Asus service support.

View post
No, there isn't. The gpu fan will fry out soon probably.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello dietrichjrw,
Please kindly send the device to service center.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.