This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: Phone and Contacts app should be replaced with Google versions

Jeb
Rising Star II
The ASUS dialer and contacts apps really should be replaced with the Google Contacts and Phone apps, both in order to provide congruency with the rest of the Android platform but also to help take a developmental burden off of ASUS. In addition, Google's Phone and Contacts apps update within the Google Play Store automatically with feature updates and security patches.

In the end, this will provide users with the best-quality experience.
6 REPLIES 6

Aryan202
Community Legend I
akki.akshay42

I too disagree.

I need automatic call recording and asus dialer gives that option, I am not sure if Google dialer will allow it

View post
Google dialer has call recording too but it'll notify the other side whenever you choose to record the conversation, that kinda defeats the purpose of the feature but some people will say otherwise citing privacy stuff so to each his own I guess

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140777#Comment_140777

Google dialer has call recording too but it'll notify the other side whenever you choose to record the conversation, that kinda defeats the purpose of the feature but some people will say otherwise citing privacy stuff so to each his own I guess

View post
Call recorder in Google dialer is only available for limited devices like pixel, nokia, motorola and android one devices.