This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF GAMING FX505GT-BQ048T Issues after BIOS 309 Update.

NelsuX
Star III
System:
Battery or AC: both
Model: FX505GT-BQ048T
Frequency of occurrence: everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
After updating to BIOS 309 the RGB keyboard it's working fine but there are other issues:
1. Armoury Crate isn't working properly, it isn't showing the GPU and CPU statistics correctly, some of them are missing or showing "Ahorro de energia".
stadistics-missing.jpg
2.There are annoying static and buzzing noises coming from the laptop, when moving mouse, opening a new tab on chrome, and some other actions too, even when speakers are muted. I've noticed that it occurs only in Performance and Turbo modes, when using silent mode there aren't any noises. Using the touchpad doesn't make noises. For the following demonstration, I did this sequence: 3 movements, stop, 3 more movements, stop... so you can easily identify the noise:
3. Touchpad sometimes gets laggy, or just doesn't work smoothly, and MyASUS v2.2.49.0 keeps asking me to update the touchpad driver, despite having already updated it, twice, and also MyASUS takes forever to load.
myasus-keeps-asking-me-to-update-touchpad-driver.png
4. Lag when playing games.
I've uninstallaed and reinstalled armony crate usinsg tools provided here: asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
ASUS Software installed:
all-asus-software-version.png
My system's info:
sysinfo.png

I don't know if downgrading to 305 could solve this headache since this is a 1-week-old brand new pc.
27 REPLIES 27

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Ryan,
Does this issue only happen when the battery is below 30%?
and under all kind of modes?
If so, it's very likely normal, but I will double confirm it for you.
Thank you.

youssefmaaloul9
Star II
I am having the same issue with the CPU Speed dropping to 0.78 GHz when the battery is below 30%.
bios version is 310

ryanmpollard
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Ryan,

Does this issue only happen when the battery is below 30%?

and under all kind of modes?

If so, it's very likely normal, but I will double confirm it for you.

Thank you.

View post
Hello Blake,
Thank you for your response. Yes its under all kinds of modes and as soon as the battery is below 30%.
Thanks

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Ryan and Youssef,
Thank you for the information.
I have reported it.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Ryan and Youssef,
After confirming with our technical support, this situation is normal, in accordance with our design.
When the battery percentage is low, in order to protect the battery, the performance is limited.
Please kindly understand.
Thank you very much.