cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE support in Movistar Spain

rocknrolla
Star III
Hi! Happy user of ZenFone 6 here 😄
As the title says, simple question: are there any plans to enable VoLTE support in Movistar Spain?
I bought a ZenFone 6 some months ago and I really like it, it's a perfect phone for me 😀. However, by reading "VoLTE support" in the specs I thought it would have VoLTE working out of the box, but then I learned by reading some posts here that it appears there is some kind of "certification" that has to be done between Asus and the operator in order to enable it, right?
With some of the previous OTA updates, I have seen in the changelog that support for VoLTE was enabled for some other European operators.
It would be really nice to have this feature enabled here too. The three major operators in Spain (Movistar, Vodafone and Orange) already have it available in their networks. So... Does Asus have any plans to enable it in any operator Spain?
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rocknrolla

Hi! Happy user of ZenFone 6 here 😄

As the title says, simple question: are there any plans to enable VoLTE support in Movistar Spain?

I bought a ZenFone 6 some months ago and I really like it, it's a perfect phone for me 😀. However, by reading "VoLTE support" in the specs I thought it would have VoLTE working out of the box, but then I learned by reading some posts here that it appears there is some kind of "certification" that has to be done between Asus and the operator in order to enable it, right?

With some of the previous OTA updates, I have seen in the changelog that support for VoLTE was enabled for some other European operators.

It would be really nice to have this feature enabled here too. The three major operators in Spain (Movistar, Vodafone and Orange) already have it available in their networks. So... Does Asus have any plans to enable it in any operator Spain?

Thanks!

VoLTE support in Movistar Spain
This is a question for ASUS Spain. I personally don't know how far they've gotten with these operators so please ask ASUS Spain directly

rocknrolla
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39757/volte-support-in-movistar-spain

This is a question for ASUS Spain. I personally don't know how far they've gotten with these operators so please ask ASUS Spain directly

View post
Thanks Anders. I contacted ASUS Spain support, but as I expected, they had no idea what I was talking about. After explaining to the support guy, he finally told me they didn't have any information about this functionality in future updates.
So... it looks I will be stuck with normal 3G calling with the Zenfone 6...
Which brings up another issue: with this phone, I haven't been able to make any 3G calls with "HD" codec, while if I put my SIM in an older ASUS Zenfone 3 Max, during a call it shows the HD icon next to the call duration and it can be clearly heard the call quality is way better. The same happens with another cheap phone with vanilla Android 8 that I have tested with.
Why isn't this working in the Zenfone 6? One would expect at least HD 3G calls in a recent phone like this. Is it region dependent? Can it be enabled somehow?
Thanks

heyoka
Rising Star II
Same problem for me in France, no volte

_jis_
Zen Master III
Same problem in O2 Czech Republic.