This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder needs better optimization.

Craven
Rising Star II
Hey Mods, the screen recorder is so bad! The recording widget is too big and just adds to the clutter on my HUD, i requested an option to hide it a few months back but it was never included in the FOTA updates. Even at 720p, the file size is still too large. There's a 30-minute recording limit too so when I'm in the final moments of finishing a match in PUBGM (A full classic match usually takes 30+ minutes), the screen recorder just cuts off automatically and shows a distracting, giant notification on my screen. I'd like to share my gameplay but the file size is too big. The viewers will surely experience some buffering. I'm starting to get jealous of iOS' screen recorder because it seems to generate less MB/minute all while retaining HD quality. Why do we have such inferior recording software?
16 REPLIES 16

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

Hey Mods, the screen recorder is so bad! The recording widget is too big and just adds to the clutter on my HUD, i requested an option to hide it a few months back but it was never included in the FOTA updates. Even at 720p, the file size is still too large. There's a 30-minute recording limit too so when I'm in the final moments of finishing a match in PUBGM (A full classic match usually takes 30+ minutes), the screen recorder just cuts off automatically and shows a distracting, giant notification on my screen. I'd like to share my gameplay but the file size is too big. The viewers will surely experience some buffering. I'm starting to get jealous of iOS' screen recorder because it seems to generate less MB/minute all while retaining HD quality. Why do we have such inferior recording software?

Screen Recorder needs better optimization.
First of all,don't compare iOS with android,they work very very differently,also,for this phone,the size shouldn't concern you at all
Now, about the time limit,I record on 1080p for 15 minutes straight,no throttling or limits
Also while the notifications stand on the bottom of the screen,they cause no buffering no nothing
It's just as good as an iOS recording,but if you play with 90 FPS,it will look somewhat stattery since it compreses the FPS to 60
Now I don't know what expectations you have,the HUD for the stop recording button is absolutely perfect,it's the perfect size for the top of the screen
Again,I have experienced no buffering or limits,and the 1080p is stunning and I dare say smoother sometimes than the gameplay itself
Keep up the good work ASUS

boy97bd
Star I
The ROG 2 recorder is much better than Rog 3

Craven
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41829/screen-recorder-needs-better-optimization

First of all,don't compare iOS with android,they work very very differently,also,for this phone,the size shouldn't concern you at all

Now, about the time limit,I record on 1080p for 15 minutes straight,no throttling or limits

Also while the notifications stand on the bottom of the screen,they cause no buffering no nothing

It's just as good as an iOS recording,but if you play with 90 FPS,it will look somewhat stattery since it compreses the FPS to 60

Now I don't know what expectations you have,the HUD for the stop recording button is absolutely perfect,it's the perfect size for the top of the screen

Again,I have experienced no buffering or limits,and the 1080p is stunning and I dare say smoother sometimes than the gameplay itself

View post
. .

Craven
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41829/screen-recorder-needs-better-optimization

View post
Didn't you read? I said the time limit is 30 minutes max, not 15! Of course you won't have any problems because you're still 15 mins short. That "stop recording" button may be perfect for you but it's not for me. I've had situations where I didn't see the enemy that was in front and above me because that thing was in the way and If i move it somewhere else, I'll accidentally tap on it. And please explain to me how 4GB for a 30 min, 720p clip is reasonable to you? Do you imagine viewers with slow internet speed will be able to watch this with no buffering at all? Just because you don't have a problem with a software doesn't mean no one does, okay?