ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
well, zenphone max has 16th Dec updates, shouldnt be long now.

marioluethy
Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140093#Comment_140093

There is FOTA coming really very soon with black crush issue improvements

If everything goes well it may drop by end of this month

Stay tuned !

View post
Black crush issue will not be fixed. Even if there are some optimizations.

Even with all de Updates yet i have black crush on my device allready at 60hz but with 144hz it add a green tint.
Even nobody believis it or want to believe it, it is a hard ware issue.

And its not because its amoled and 144hz. Nubia has this to and zero issues even with dc dimming on!
The real fix is ihe next Rog phone

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
marioluethy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140095#Comment_140095

Black crush issue will not be fixed. Even if there are some optimizations.

Even with all de Updates yet i have black crush on my device allready at 60hz but with 144hz it add a green tint.

Even nobody believis it or want to believe it, it is a hard ware issue.

And its not because its amoled and 144hz. Nubia has this to and zero issues even with dc dimming on!

The real fix is ihe next Rog phone

View post
Again,YOUR device,MY device for example has no black crush on 60 atleast,and I'm sure a lot of people that don't complain don't have it,also if the Nubia one has better hardware,Why did you choose this device which has defective hardware,according to you...
Either way,it has been proven it's not hardware,unless there is detailed proof that the little LEDs are defective on this phone,then it's simply invalid
It will get fixed,and if not completely,it will be a con of the highest refresh rate

marioluethy
Star II
I have allready Change it to an other rog Phone 3. You just need dark brightness and loock at pictures. Then compare with other phones and then you notice its even with 60hz but of corse not so strong like on 144 hz.

Look at 120hz is it also. On rog 2 Phone not. And why? Because its other Hardware. I had this on other phones before it was always hardware. If it would be Software we all would have exactly the same amount / "strongness" of the issue.
And even it would be Software. The phone is a long time pn Market now and no fix. You can be sure the focus is allready on the new rog phone.
Everyone hopes on every Update it will be fixed. Thant wont happen. The only reason you dont believe it is because i have a rog Phone 3 too and hope that it will be fixed. But it is only a wish..of corse i have the same wish but we have to see the reality. Live with the issue or not. But there will no fix comming. If we are lucky maybe a little optimization.

I have both phones i never said that i dont will retourn my rog Phone 3. I also didnt day nubia is better. But somebody say Black crush is normal on amoled with 144ht and thats not true and thats why i mentioned the nubia. Im not a asus fanboy and also not nubia or other phones.
If every one say an Update is coming then maybe people buy this phone in the hope of updates which will never come

sub
Star III
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/140146#Comment_140146

Again,YOUR device,MY device for example has no black crush on 60 atleast,and I'm sure a lot of people that don't complain don't have it,also if the Nubia one has better hardware,Why did you choose this device which has defective hardware,according to you...

Either way,it has been proven it's not hardware,unless there is detailed proof that the little LEDs are defective on this phone,then it's simply invalid

It will get fixed,and if not completely,it will be a con of the highest refresh rate

View post
The moderators specifically said "improvements" in the black crush and "not fix" that is the main reason dont assume it will be fixed. The most obvious reason is ASUS is not able to fix and it is buying time till new phone launch so that the issue goes away.