Lovisa
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
During a call, the screen turns on and shows the dial pad. This keeps on happening every call and I'll accidentally start pressing buttons during the calls, causing tones from pressing the buttons interupting the calls. I can't seem to disable this in any way. Help?
2 REPLIES 2

rocknrolla
Star III
Hi Lovisa,
I had the same problem at first, because I was used to my previous phone which was smaller and the proximity sensor was in a more centered position. In the Zenfone 6 it is more towards the edge of the right side, so holding it with that part more centered to the ear when you are using the right ear, makes the sensor detect the proximity better.
I guess it's a matter of getting used to it. It took me some time as this phone is way bigger than my previous one.
The pop up number dial keyboard remembers any numbers that you have used the keyboard with (like voice mail, etc) and pops it up automatically when you call any of those numbers again (if the proximity sensor is not covered). They are saved in a list somewhere in the dialer settings where you can "forget" any of those numbers and the dial keys will not pop up. In phone dialer go to settings and then call screen, and it's the first option there.
Hope it helps!

_jis_
Zen Master III

Lovisa

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

During a call, the screen turns on and shows the dial pad. This keeps on happening every call and I'll accidentally start pressing buttons during the calls, causing tones from pressing the buttons interupting the calls. I can't seem to disable this in any way. Help?

Screen turns on during calls - dial pad opens
In that already closed thread below, we identified the cause of the problem and tried to convince Asus to change the phone's behavior. Unfortunately, to no avail.
Please read the whole linked thread so you understand.
ensuring a standard Power button behavior during call would be a quick and easy solution

sixth_pr1m3
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]