cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with phone after full battery discharge

Chris_L
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 (ZS661KS or ASUS_I003D)
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 1
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Yesterday I had a very long day and was away from a charger for a very long time. The battery eventually died right before I was able to plug the device in, but it didn't boot up quickly after I finally did. I plugged it in literally 60 seconds after the battery died and all that happened for about 30 minutes was a blinking light. The indicator light at the top blinked red non-stop for 30 minutes until the screen finally turned on and showed a 0% charge. During this period of time that I was waiting, the charging brick was cold enough that I don't believe it was charging the device normally. The device is working normally now, but this makes me worry about the device. I love my ROG Phone and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, but it is important to me that a problem like this is addressed before I would be willing to buy the next ROG Phone that comes out.
Why does this happen? Is there a fix for this? The research I have done shows that this happened in both the ROG 2 and 3 and it has basically always gotten very little attention and no answers. I will of course avoid draining the battery all the way, but I don't want to worry about bricking my very expensive phone because I let the battery die.
Any answers would be fantastic, I just want to know what can be done. If possible, I would also love to know if this is going to be considered when developing the next ROG Phone because this is a big issue. Some people weren't able to use their device ever again after this happened, I just don't want that to happen to me.
Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@PH By the way, scheduled charging flip-flopping between values have been fixed in a previous FOTA. Please clear the cache of PowerMaster and see if it works after a reboot. 🙂
Settings -> Search -> 'Power.." -> Scroll down to PowerMaster -> App info -> Storage & cache