JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
【Version】

【Model Name】
ZenFone 5Z ZS620KL

【Release Date】
2020/11/24
【Release Note】
Updated Android security patch
Enabled VoLTE on TMO (US)
Enabled VoWiFi on JIO (IN)
Improved touch stability
Fixed a delay issue when turning off Wi-Fi from quick settings

30 REPLIES 30

vkk178
Rising Star I
ammzul

Dear Asus Team & All,

Thank-you ASUS for VoWIFI. I'm really grateful for all the efforts which went behind this. I have never heard a BRAND responding positively to voice of 5Z group to bring out a feature for a 2+ year old model. ([201105] ZenFone 5Z ZS620KL_WW_100.10.107.110 (Android 10))

ASUS scores on CUSTOMER CARE. Better LATE THAN NEVER. TRUST Is Important. ASUS has retained BOTH.

I may have been very vocal and tough during my interactions / posts during the last 8+ months. Thank-you for having put up and continued to work.

SPECIAL THANKS To @Anders_ASUS Don't know how else to THANK-YOU. This is for the continuous efforts you had put up for THIS. Kindly share this to your manager that you handled professionally, a aggressive GROUP of 5Z Enthusiasts for features.

THANKS to all the MODS who kept the flame glowing # I would like to mark specific directional excellence for @amitgarde3 @aamod.v8

@Abhinav @amitgarde3 @aamod.v8 @adityapruthi2001 @Sasank @JACKSPARROW @vitorgn @vkk178 @adityadas086 @Debasish Sahoo @robinjos @subhojit.dey @sidarya31 @elizednicolas0329 @CachexxCookies @apurbadas24a @maiya.raviraj @hkumar73 @defylimitations @Chintan Devganiya @annuraja01 @Averan @Abhishek9802576260@gmail.com @gtnvvsunil9999

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120269#Comment_120269

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118169#Comment_118169

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/85735#Comment_85735

View post
Appreciate the release Asus . Also appreciate the mention @ammzul .We all have clamoured for this update for quite sometime . I sincerely hope Vo-Wifi can be extended to Airtel because that's where my call quality goes bad .

For now here are some screenshots .of how it looks like

screenshot-20201202-140232946-1.jpg
screenshot-20201202-140519243-281-29-1.jpg

jayakola25
Star II
jayakola25

screenshot-20201211-005403385.jpg

screenshot-20201212-010709325.jpg

screenshot-20201212-010724021.jpg

screenshot-20201212-010734673.jpg

screenshot-20201212-010953285.jpg

screenshot-20201212-020720834.jpg

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z (India) ZS621KL
  2. Firmware Version:WW_user_100.10.107.110_20201118
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Irregular / every 60 mins from reboot
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The issues I faced after latest ota update 50MB (Ref : Successfully updated the system to QKQ1.191008.001.WW_use r_100.10.107.110_20201118release-keys.)

1. "No sim card "/ "No signal"/ "Insert sim card 2" errors occurred randomly , also call drops .

2. Random reboots : mobile kept on table , maybe you are on call reboots . Sometimes keep looping boot animation and then starts as normal the again error 1.

3. Network connectivity : won't connect to cellular data any carrier , VoLTE works though until the error 1 occurs. Wifi works ,Hotspots not properly.

What I tried:

1. Running into safe mode , problem persist.

2. Simply Restart fixes for few minutes

3. Contacting Asus via call , Answered quite formally didn't help whatsoever.

4.No settings issues everything is basic / untouched / I haven't install any new app and all don't want to try the Reset part I am using some 85% of 128gb also all data scattered across apps and it is my primary phone , would take long to backup and restore . Also not expected when you buy a Flagship, it has to be reliable .

General observation bug is triggered somehow after latest update and issues starts to occur As not everyone who updated has the problem but few are having and that matters.

I request to kindly stop rolling out that update

Either provide a stable update or mark last stable version as update and roll out ASAP I need my data and phone working at earliest.

OR

Please guide any solution that works for now .

Attachment :

Note I have two sim installed , screenshots with network is just after reboot.

ZF_5Z latest ota update is unstable has bugs that causes serious connectivity issues .
The latest update has lot of bugs that causes lot of issues once triggered somehow, maybe just after you tap on "restart" option or I don't know exactly . But then connectivity suck , safe mode , service center nothing fixes it. Users gradually get these issues. So better if you don't update to latest yet very unstable 50MB update.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
jayakola25

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41626/zf-5z-latest-ota-update-is-unstable-has-bugs-that-cause...

The latest update has lot of bugs that causes lot of issues once triggered somehow, maybe just after you tap on "restart" option or I don't know exactly . But then connectivity suck , safe mode , service center nothing fixes it. Users gradually get these issues. So better if you don't update to latest yet very unstable 50MB update.

View post
I dont have any problems with network everything works perfectly f9 on latest .110 for me infact i may say that i am seeing great stability with my networks now.
Can you explain what are the bugs you are facing?

jayakola25
Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139581#Comment_139581

I dont have any problems with network everything works perfectly f9 on latest .110 for me infact i may say that i am seeing great stability with my networks now.

View post
I have explained in detailed discussion ( ref : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41626/zf-5z-latest-ota-update-is-unstable-has-bugs-that-cause...)
Additional info and summary :
Everything is fine when no issues unless simcard is inserted , it's like WiFi Only phone after the very unstable 50MB update.
(Sim card : Vi 4G / Airtel 4G VoLTE) Network Coverage at home : Excellent
If simcard is inserted : everything works for few minutes then multiple error keep occuring / Insert Sim card / No signal/ doesn't connect data even wifi ! Connectivity just sucks... Often feel unresponsive.
Random reboots :
If you're using phone it becomes unresponsive and restarts, sometimes loops on logo 3-4 times then turns on itself. It's kept on table it still reboots multiple times and that vibration can be heard.
Tap on Zenfone 5 series on zentalk you will find more people reporting the issue in own words. Gen. Observation Few people of few people who updated are facing issue .

jayakola25
Star II
If you're on the latest update (50MB : WW_user_100.10.107.110_20201118) plz once remove Jio sim and restart device with any other carrier wait 15 mins see if you' are facing some network issue like no signal / can't connect to internet /reboots etc.. Jio works but none of the other carrier works !
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139581#Comment_139581

View post