Star II
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:After updating to BIOS 310 the gpu clock always stuck at 300mhz with 99% utilization, i dont know what to do, every game only get 10-20 fps even with the lowest setting.
11 REPLIES 11

Mohammad_Alif
Star II
Hello blake , the issue happen in all modes , i already reinstall GPU driver from Asus FX505GT driver website and the issue still persists .
Thank you blake.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mohammad,
Does this issue happen when you are not gaming?
like just watching videos?
Thank you.

Mohammad_Alif
Star II
Hello Blake,
It's okay when watching videos or rendering , just when gaming
Thanks

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mohammad,
There might be an issue with the GPU heat radiation.
May you help to clean up the fan gently? without dismantling the device.
Then see if it gets better.
Also, when you are gaming, how long does it take the this situation to happened?
like after 20 minutes? or an hour?
Thank you.

Mohammad_Alif
Star II
Hello blake,
So about one month ago, i brought this laptop to service center, and they said there is a problem with the fan, so eventually they replace the motherboard. So if this motherboard was really brand new from factory, i think it should running as smooth as i first bought this laptop.
How to clean up the fan without dismantling the device? i'm afraid it will break the warrancy.
When i'm gaming, in the main menu it's just perfectly fine. No stutter nor fps drops, but when i starts to play everything just drop. sometimes high clock with very low utilization and sometimes 300mhz clock with 99% utilization.
I've read some thread to replace the graphic driver to the old one, and im replacing it with gpu driver from asus fx505gt driver website, and the issue still persists. Right now i'm using driver 27.21.14.5167 .
Thanks blake.