This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 5z in Bootloop and Crashing with SIM Inserted

Hello Community
My ZenFone 5Z has crashed suddenly with a weird issue with SIM card and network registration.
Suddenly it displayed SIM card not installed while there were 2 SIM cards in the phone's SIM tray.
This happened couple of times last week but this time it went haywire . My phone is now in complete Bootloop and once even if it 'ON' for 30secs or so it shows error 'COM.ANDROID.SETTINGS' have stopped.

7 REPLIES 7

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
sidak.singh1995

Hello Community

My ZenFone 5Z has crashed suddenly with a weird issue with SIM card and network registration.

Suddenly it displayed SIM card not installed while there were 2 SIM cards in the phone's SIM tray.

This happened couple of times last week but this time it went haywire . My phone is now in complete Bootloop and once even if it 'ON' for 30secs or so it shows error 'COM.ANDROID.SETTINGS' have stopped.

ZenFone 5z in Bootloop and Crashing with SIM Inserted
Service centre will tell you that they are flashing the software but that will not solve the problem. Only replacement of MB can solve the problem.

jayakola25
Star II

jayakola25
Star II
sidak.singh1995

Thanks ,Sure will try that but how is it possible that the phone is randomly getting this issue. I have also seen multiple threads regarding this problem many others have posted about this on other portals as well. Is it a possibility that ASUS update has damaged MB in any way?. Strongly regretting buying ASUS now.

View post
Same here
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/136333#Comment_136333

Yes, it has, nothing can not solve it. You need to pay 24k to replace your MB.

View post
The service center will say the same . See there always exist some third custom rom they are less buggy and is my backup plan than discarding mobile or motherboard , relax it's software issue.
Perhaps maintain a single thread/ discussion or comment on multiple. about the issue Keep reporting the issue then team will roll out stable update or last stable built as "update".
Here's thread I have maintained https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41626/zf-5z-latest-ota-update-is-unstable-has-bugs-that-cause...