jin_akira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Currently active
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Kunai 3 Gamepad
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi I am requesting for a firmware update for the Kunai 3 Gamepad to enable 8-way direction on the Dpad. I don't know which outlet or channel where I can raise this issue therefore I am kindly raising it here. I bought the gamepad to fully utilise it but end up having my experience stunted due to the controller not registering diagonal directions which I find highly unacceptable for a gaming. What is further frustrating is that I can't even use any third party gamepad due to the placement of the USB-C port. I am sure this can be sorted out through a firmware update for the controller. Please respond as I hold the moderators here in the highest regard as professionals. I do seek feedback from other users to further emphasize this request to fully maximise our gamepad's functions.
12 REPLIES 12

jin_akira
Rising Star I
I read a thread earlier (below) stating that it's not supported hence the request for the firmware update. I tried pressing the buttons hard myself but i can't get diagonal directions to work
yuan196

Good day. Hope i get a reply to clarify ASAP as this is my first time purchasing the latest Kunai Gamepad. I was trying it out and everything has been perfect EXCEPT the D-Pad. Is the D-Pad supposed to be only 4 directions? I cant seem to press Up and Right at the same time like other D-Pads. It only registers either Up or Right. Basically any diagonal direction will not work. Ive tested in most games and emulators. Other bluetooth gamepads no issue. So i cant play tekken with this basically while other D Pads is fine. Is this just the way Kunai 3 was designed?

ROG Kunai Gamepad 3

Ogghy
Rising Star II
jin_akira

I read a thread earlier (below) stating that it's not supported hence the request for the firmware update. I tried pressing the buttons hard myself but i can't get diagonal directions to work

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40625/rog-kunai-gamepad-3

View post
It's working with my kunai tho. And it's really hard to push the button.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139282#Comment_139282

It's working with my kunai tho. And it's really hard to push the button.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/QL1XN5JD83O8/untitled-7-1080p-1.mp4

View post
I tried for a few times and managed to get a diagonal direction only if I press one of the directions first. For example if I want to press ↘ , I must first press ↓ and then press on → like really hard, which is seriously not feasible. It shows that the Kunai 3 Gamepad does not properly support 2 simultaneous dpad button presses. I don't think it is a sensitivity issue as the buttons have no problems responding to presses, it just does not natively or properly support 8 directions / diagonal directions. Which would make me further implore the Asus team to look into and release a firmware update to address it. I find it really hard to accept that the gamepad does not allow us to use diagonal directions on the dpad. I really hope this request is taken seriously as there are no other compatible gamepad on the market for this phone due to the USB-C port placement not being centered