ROG Kunai 3 USB Mode random disconnect!

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .99
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: During Gaming with ROG Kunais 3
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Still testing but noticed while playing Rockman X Dive
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I paired my Kunai's with bluetooth and this doesn't seem to happen on bluetooth mode but while testing USB mode with the bumper on my ROG Phone 3. I noticed that randomly while playing Rockman X Dive my controller will disconnect (Green LED turns off and turns back on). When I first connected the controller the update firmware box appeared and I clicked update and it quickly disappeared not letting me know if everything went well. Then it asked for another update which I did and the same thing happened. SO not sure the firmware version or how to check.

I noticed after rebooting it didn't happen for a while but it did happen again. I checked the physical connection and it is really tight and secure. It just seemed to happen randomly.
48 REPLIES 48

hendrayoseffa
Star II
rogeriskira

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138923#Comment_138923

Go to Settings>System>About Phone>Hardware Information (Do this while the controller is connected)

View post
My left kunai has v3.3.3 firmware and my right kunai has vff.ff.ff , is it because the firmware that make the right kunai doesn't work? So we only wait for the update?

hendrayoseffa
Star II
rogeriskira

Oh so it's not a defect? Thats good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. After checking my firmware on my controllers I can confirm the Left has 3.3.3 and the right has 3.1.0 while bluetooth has 3.0.8) [They also show up as ROG Kunai Gamepad 2 in system hardware information]

Please assist ASUS as this is a problem. Can't be a "pro gamer" if the controller disconnects randomly during play.

View post
16077408622224015303043295816399.jpg
What happened to my kunai? My right kunai has vff.ff.ff firmware

rojjj4
Star I
Same here random disconnect playing slamdunk

Zexiar
Star III
It's the same exact problem I am also having. I am hoping more and more people would come here to complain, as I found a lot of people facing the same issue on Asus Armory app.
Come on devs... someone on development team should try updating a phone so they can check it more closely.

ZT-6498cb35
Star III
Zexiar

It's the same exact problem I am also having. I am hoping more and more people would come here to complain, as I found a lot of people facing the same issue on Asus Armory app.

Come on devs... someone on development team should try updating a phone so they can check it more closely.

View post
It's so sad that this problem have occurred for 2 weeks, I can't play with my kunai since that update, my right controller can't be used anymore