devicentextian
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3 12/512
Firmware Version: 99
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: on low brightness
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is this normal? I always notice it at night time where I used the phone on low brightness I can't take a picture of it but it's similar of this tv I found in google. Also my screen got change because i dropped it but the previous screen that I have also has this.
banding-oled.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
I am attaching 2 pictures here. One with strange red lines.
The second one is without it but I can see some pixels light up in the bottom right corner. I am able to deliberately make these red lines vanish by using the finger print scanner and scanning the wrong finger and then swiping up for the unlock pin.
I do not notice those pixels in the corner behave oddly elsewhere.
Real random things happening here. Or maybe some thing wrong with the unlock screen overlay or whatever it is called.
Edit: I think the lowest brightness has been capped because of the black crush but the new update if it does fix this issue should enable the screen to be at a lower brightness at 0% than what it is now. It is impossible to unlock the phone when you wake up in the morning without flashbanging yourself.
@ARP_ASUS , kindly throw some light on this.
I'll stop with the puns.

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
Attaching pictures. One with the red lines, the second without it. The red lines go away if I scan the wrong finger and bring up the unlock numpad. However when there are no red lines there are some pixels in the right hand bottom corner lighting up. These pixels do not light up oddly elsewhere.
Also need to fix the minimum brightness which has been capped I think because of the black crush. This makes the phone extremely difficult to use at night. Unlocking the phone when I wake up reminds me of the days when players flashbanged themselves in CS 1.6 accidentally or not.
With the new or upcoming OTAs the brightness needs to be lower at 0% than what it is now.
@ARP_ASUS if you can throw some light on this.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
I have the issue only on dark gray if I lower brightness under minimal default with screen balance app, not an annoying issue sincerely.
Anyway that picture is showing laptop display not phone..

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
simo97.codega

I have the issue only on dark gray if I lower brightness under minimal default with screen balance app, not an annoying issue sincerely.

Anyway that picture is showing laptop display not phone..

View post
Agreed it is not annoying, seeing it only on the lockscreen. Nitpicking but still...

devicentextian
Rising Star II
This is annoying when i use night mode it always shows on 5% and lower gray it looks dirty