mervynpaulparon
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 512GB 12GB version
Firmware Version: xxxx. 2009.49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: After 9-10months
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Like the other users here in the forum, my phone's power button is now stuck. It will only work after applying extra pressure and I don't like to do that. I NEVER had this issue before with my previous phones and this is the most expensive I bought so far. I hope ROG phone 3 don't have this issue.

With this, I would like to ask the devs to add lock button in the notification panel(drop down) so we users have this option to lock.

I waste my time having to go out to homescreen just to lock my phone. I even bought 3rd party lock icon. The problem is it is always disabled by the system and have to reactivate.

I don't trust sending a glass phone to the service center as I know they will have to fully open my phone which might get further hardware issues.
9 REPLIES 9

mervynpaulparon
Star II
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139128#Comment_139128

You can drow down the status bar, double-click the status bar to close the screen without exiting the game.

Refer to the screen record below.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/4RY3PDKXQX3I/2020-12-12-11-30-36.mp4

View post
Now this is the solution. Thanks a lot!

mervynpaulparon
Star II
prathamesh4989

Apply WD40 spray.i did for volume down button.it worked

View post
Woow! I'm not sure about this and I don't have that either.

KraKen
Rising Star II
mervynpaulparone

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 512GB 12GB version
  2. Firmware Version: xxxx. 2009.49
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: After 9-10months
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Like the other users here in the forum, my phone's power button is now stuck. It will only work after applying extra pressure and I don't like to do that. I NEVER had this issue before with my previous phones and this is the most expensive I bought so far. I hope ROG phone 3 don't have this issue.

With this, I would like to ask the devs to add lock button in the notification panel(drop down) so we users have this option to lock.

I waste my time having to go out to homescreen just to lock my phone. I even bought 3rd party lock icon. The problem is it is always disabled by the system and have to reactivate.

I don't trust sending a glass phone to the service center as I know they will have to fully open my phone which might get further hardware issues.

ROG phone 2 power button is dying
I am facing the same issue, it's like my power button matches the surface of body panel.
I mean random guy will not be able to find power button easily, because the button is gone sloghtly inside.

Not applicable
KraKen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41566/rog-phone-2-power-button-is-dying

I am facing the same issue, it's like my power button matches the surface of body panel.

I mean random guy will not be able to find power button easily, because the button is gone sloghtly inside.

View post
I suggest if you have a sucker or a solder sucker then use it on your power button, it happened to me too and all i did was using my solder sucker.

Vableme
Rising Star II
I've had this problem because the case collected enough gunk to jam the power button. So i just blow hard on it and use a brush to clean around the power button. Or just jam the brush besides the power button cutout. It works for me.