mervynpaulparon
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 512GB 12GB version
Firmware Version: xxxx. 2009.49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: After 9-10months
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Like the other users here in the forum, my phone's power button is now stuck. It will only work after applying extra pressure and I don't like to do that. I NEVER had this issue before with my previous phones and this is the most expensive I bought so far. I hope ROG phone 3 don't have this issue.

With this, I would like to ask the devs to add lock button in the notification panel(drop down) so we users have this option to lock.

I waste my time having to go out to homescreen just to lock my phone. I even bought 3rd party lock icon. The problem is it is always disabled by the system and have to reactivate.

I don't trust sending a glass phone to the service center as I know they will have to fully open my phone which might get further hardware issues.
9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mervynpaulparone

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 512GB 12GB version
  2. Firmware Version: xxxx. 2009.49
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: After 9-10months
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Like the other users here in the forum, my phone's power button is now stuck. It will only work after applying extra pressure and I don't like to do that. I NEVER had this issue before with my previous phones and this is the most expensive I bought so far. I hope ROG phone 3 don't have this issue.

With this, I would like to ask the devs to add lock button in the notification panel(drop down) so we users have this option to lock.

I waste my time having to go out to homescreen just to lock my phone. I even bought 3rd party lock icon. The problem is it is always disabled by the system and have to reactivate.

I don't trust sending a glass phone to the service center as I know they will have to fully open my phone which might get further hardware issues.

ROG phone 2 power button is dying
In Settings - Advanced - Geatures
There is an option to double tap to turn off screen.

mervynpaulparon
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41566/rog-phone-2-power-button-is-dying

In Settings - Advanced - Geatures

There is an option to double tap to turn off screen.

View post
I already covered that in my post. You need to be in the homescreen to double tap, which is somehow annoying. Like I'm playing a game and then want to lock the phone for a moment. I need to exit and go to homescreen and double tap. But if it's there in the drop down then I don't need to exit my game or any open app. Just swipe down and lock.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
mervynpaulparone

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139070#Comment_139070

I already covered that in my post. You need to be in the homescreen to double tap, which is somehow annoying. Like I'm playing a game and then want to lock the phone for a moment. I need to exit and go to homescreen and double tap. But if it's there in the drop down then I don't need to exit my game or any open app. Just swipe down and lock.

View post
You can drow down the status bar, double-click the status bar to close the screen without exiting the game.
Refer to the screen record below.

prathamesh4989
Star II
Apply WD40 spray.i did for volume down button.it worked