archilsoni412
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: WW 100.10.107.110
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to the latest firmware i am just getting a problem. Whenever i try to increase/decrease the media volume by long pressing the volume buttons, it doesn't get decrease or increase. In order to decrease/increase the volume i have to press the volume buttons that many times. For more details please go through my video attach below. Is this a bug or just happening with me?
Thanks.
NOTE: This only happes when my earphone are plugged in(Using asus zen ear pro).
@amitgarde3 @Christine @Anders_ASUS

13 REPLIES 13

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, kindly follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode.
3 . If the issue persists after troubleshooting above, please check your SMMI test: Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test> Keypad Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India
4 . If the SMMI test is successful, factory reset your phone after
taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
5 . Last option would be to visit the service center to have a check.

Facing same issue !!!!

shahrukhafridi9
Star III
I am also facing this problem
The problem occurs when u insert a headphone while using instagram or youtube
Or
Turn on outdoor mode while headphone is in use or inserted
And also if u change modes in audiowizard
Then the volume buttons will not work or will not respond to LONG PRESS but works fine for SINGLE tap or SINGLE press
this problem is annoying
PLEASE TAKE LOOK AND FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN NEXT UPDATE
AND ALSO THE PROBLEM IS SAME IN SAFE MODE AS WELL@amitgarde3

I checked tested no faults in hardware.. experiencing same issue even factory reseted my phone and updated to new update tried safe mode still the bug exists...please take it in consideration ..it annoys more

I found the solution for the problem bro it's just the new Google assistant wired headphones functions bug...just go to google assistant settings in that popular settings->Devices->wired headphones-> turn off the slider "get help from Google"
screenshot-20201212-142029927.jpg