This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] ZenFone 5Z The signal/network connectivity has dropped to H+ after firmware upgrade?

atomicwaster
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: Build QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.107.110 20201118 release-keys
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So yesterday I got the new firmware update and download and installed automatically. I thought everything was good but when I went out and went on my mobile data I saw that I was not able to see my data go thru. I mean I saw the h+ and a full bar but no data was coming thru. I couldn't make calls or nothing and my mobile company said that I was still getting data. So is it because of the new update that now I am not able to get data thru?
20 REPLIES 20

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Also, can I ask you what is that little notification icon in your status bar which looks to me as a telephone service notification. Do tell me about that.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
atomicwaster

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138781#Comment_138781

This is what you might have been looking for I got the #* number to work

screenshot-20201210-005424978-1.jpg

screenshot-20201210-005441858-1.jpg

screenshot-20201210-005448831-1.jpg

View post
Also, you can try one more workaround to see if it works,
Set your preferred network type to "lte only" then see what happens. Then revert it back to what it is right now.

atomicwaster
Star II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138784#Comment_138784

Also, you can try one more workaround to see if it works,

Set your preferred network type to "lte only" then see what happens. Then revert it back to what it is right now.

View post
So I just ordererd another sim from a different carrier to test to see if that one works. I won't reset until I get that one for now. I tried the lte and nothing happens. What weird too is when I manually take off the mobile data and am literally not supposed to have any bars the bars are still there.
screenshot-20201210-123804934-1.jpg
And that's like after 5 mins off. The telephone icon is for the Viber app btw.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
atomicwaster

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138867#Comment_138867

So I just ordererd another sim from a different carrier to test to see if that one works. I won't reset until I get that one for now. I tried the lte and nothing happens. What weird too is when I manually take off the mobile data and am literally not supposed to have any bars the bars are still there.

screenshot-20201210-123804934-1.jpg

And that's like after 5 mins off. The telephone icon is for the Viber app btw.

View post

Take of the mobile data?? You are wrong here... H+ is hybrid+ so it just a later form of 3g so when you disable mobile data the network bars should stay full as they are in your screen shot. H+ is your data connection and not your network connection. I think you are confused b/w mobile data and airplane mode. Bro network bars are supposed to show only when airplane mode is disabled. If you see a sim cross sign or a network bar empty with a cross sign then you will have some problem with your phone. Btw?have you tried your sim in another device? Or have you tried another sim in your phone. There was no need of ordering another sim. You could simply check if yours was working or not by putting it in another device.
Well, not scaring you or something, if another sim also does not work or your sim works in other phone perfectly then the chances of solution of this by yourself will be pretty low even if you perform a factory reset.
Open calculator
Type-
. 012345+=
Open SIMMI TEST
SELECT TEST SINGLE
CHECK FOR THESE IF THEY GET PASSED :-
1) MODEM TEST
2) SIM CARD TEST
3) SIM SIGNAL TEST

REGARDS

atomicwaster
Star II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138875#Comment_138875

Take of the mobile data?? You are wrong here... H+ is hybrid+ so it just a later form of 3g so when you disable mobile data the network bars should stay full as they are in your screen shot. H+ is your data connection and not your network connection. I think you are confused b/w mobile data and airplane mode. Bro network bars are supposed to show only when airplane mode is disabled. If you see a sim cross sign or a network bar empty with a cross sign then you will have some problem with your phone. Btw?have you tried your sim in another device? Or have you tried another sim in your phone. There was no need of ordering another sim. You could simply check if yours was working or not by putting it in another device.

Well, not scaring you or something, if another sim also does not work or your sim works in other phone perfectly then the chances of solution of this by yourself will be pretty low even if you perform a factory reset.

Open calculator

Type-

. 012345+=

Open SIMMI TEST

SELECT TEST SINGLE

CHECK FOR THESE IF THEY GET PASSED :-

1) MODEM TEST

2) SIM CARD TEST

3) SIM SIGNAL TEST

REGARDS

View post
Ahhhh I see. I did those tests the modem and sim card test passed the last one didn't .
screenshot-20201210-131938241.jpg