This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display problems and feature addition

ZenNini
Star II
Now after roughly a week with the new Zenfone I have realized a few problems with the screen and would like to know if I have faulty one. The brightness changes very abruptly when I change windows. For example if I am inside the settings menu, it changes its brightness constantly just by going from menu to menu. Can I turn this off or will there be a software update for it? (This happens with adaptive brightness on and off)
The screen is also very blue for my taste, is there a way the night mode can be increased even further?
My last point is something my old OnePlus had, that you should really add. As you already have gesture control when the screen is off, it would be great if you could add an option to turn the flash light on and of with a gesture.
6 REPLIES 6

Tagion
Rising Star II
The brightness change is definitely not normal. I only know the display slightly changes colors if you swipe between apps that use 60 and 90hz.

You can change the color temperature in the display settings.

CVonC
Rising Star II
You can turn flash light on using the power button either by holding it or double press. You need to assign it in the smart key options though.

But yeah you're screen doesn't sound right at all.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ZenNini

Now after roughly a week with the new Zenfone I have realized a few problems with the screen and would like to know if I have faulty one. The brightness changes very abruptly when I change windows. For example if I am inside the settings menu, it changes its brightness constantly just by going from menu to menu. Can I turn this off or will there be a software update for it? (This happens with adaptive brightness on and off)

The screen is also very blue for my taste, is there a way the night mode can be increased even further?

My last point is something my old OnePlus had, that you should really add. As you already have gesture control when the screen is off, it would be great if you could add an option to turn the flash light on and of with a gesture.

Display problems and feature addition
Could you maybe try to capture this behavior with another camera?
What screen setting are you using in splendid?
I can forward your suggestion regarding gesture for flashlight
Thanks!

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
I'd really like to have the flashlight as a possibility for gestures on the display as I don't like double press the smart key to do it that much because it also unlocks the device